Pearl Harbor ??? Accessibility ??

HamburgAvonLady

Are there motorized carts at the Memorial (like in the supermarkets) that DH can use ??? We are taking his Golden scooter on our cruise but don't know about using it the day we do the Memorial.

How about at the Aloha Flea Mkt. ??

There are no motorized carts or wheel chairs available at the Arizona memorial--not real easy to get a motorized cart on the boat that takes you to the memorial--I checked the Arizona memorial government web site--so

it is wheel chair accessible--but you have to bring you own wheel chair.

google the government web site for a phone number to call if you need more info.

BG

We were in Hawaii this past January and we booked our trip to Pearl Harbor trip thru the hotel we were staying at, The Outrigger Waikiki. They called the tour operator to schedule a bus with a lift, the tour company needed 24 hours notice to provide it. DH uses a scooter when there is alot of walking and it was not a problem getting the scooter on the lift and onto the bus. Once at Pearl Harbor he used his scooter around the grounds and the drove it right onto the transport that takes you to the Arizona Memorial. Once at the Memorial he drove it off the transport and right into the Memorial. The only part where you have to be careful is getting from the transport to the memorial as the area where you drive your scooter is along the waters edge and there was no railing. But if you take it slowly there is no problem.

We were in Hawaii this past January and we booked our trip to Pearl Harbor trip thru the hotel we were staying at' date=' The Outrigger Waikiki. They called the tour operator to schedule a bus with a lift, the tour company needed 24 hours notice to provide it. DH uses a scooter when there is alot of walking and it was not a problem getting the scooter on the lift and onto the bus. Once at Pearl Harbor he used his scooter around the grounds and the drove it right onto the transport that takes you to the Arizona Memorial. Once at the Memorial he drove it off the transport and right into the Memorial. The only part where you have to be careful is getting from the transport to the memorial as the area where you drive your scooter is along the waters edge and there was no railing. But if you take it slowly there is no problem.[/color']

That is great--I wish the gov Pearl Harbor web site would tell you this--could

you take the scooter in the movie theater to see the movie??

Sherry --it looks like this will work for you.

BG

That is great--I wish the gov Pearl Harbor web site would tell you this--could

you take the scooter in the movie theater to see the movie??

Sherry --it looks like this will work for you.

BG

I took my wheelchair (on our last 2 cruises to Hawaii) and used them in the theater to see the movie...I ase scooters in there as well, I just stayed to the side of the seating and had no problem. I plan on using it again in March, the movie and the memorial are very moving and worth seeing more than once. Be sure to take something to cover the scooter's electronics if a sudden rain happens (which did both times we were there before) we were told this is normal. A folding rain poncho or plastic bag works well.

Have a great cruise

Archived