Need info on Aerial Tram & Tortugero Canal tour in Costa Rica

Kathy with a K

Hi - I am looking for information on an Aerial Tram and Tortugero Canal tour. Princess offers one that is 10 hours with quite a long time on a bus. I would prefer to take a small group tour.

Oscar Brown also offers one, but the reviews I saw on Trip Advisor are all two years old or older and while most were favorable, several were not. The aerial tram is in the Veraqua Park.

I believe Your Lucky Tours does not offer this combination tour and I'm wondering if there are multiple places for Aerial Trms and its just not possible to do the better one and the Canal tour in one day.

Has anyone else done this tour with any other tour company and were very satisfied.

Thanks,

Kathy

Hi - I am looking for information on an Aerial Tram and Tortugero Canal tour. Princess offers one that is 10 hours with quite a long time on a bus. I would prefer to take a small group tour.

Oscar Brown also offers one, but the reviews I saw on Trip Advisor are all two years old or older and while most were favorable, several were not. The aerial tram is in the Veraqua Park.

I believe Your Lucky Tours does not offer this combination tour and I'm wondering if there are multiple places for Aerial Trms and its just not possible to do the better one and the Canal tour in one day.

Has anyone else done this tour with any other tour company and were very satisfied.

Thanks,

Kathy

We did this through the ship and rate it in the top 3 we have ever taken. ;)

Its a loooong day/drive. It would be very easy to have issues on this tour and easily be late returning to the ship. We would not do a long tour like this with an outside company, IMHO. :)

We did this through the ship and rate it in the top 3 we have ever taken. ;)

Its a loooong day/drive. It would be very easy to have issues on this tour and easily be late returning to the ship. We would not do a long tour like this with an outside company, IMHO. :)

Thanks for the input. Do you know where the Princess tour went for the aerial tram?

Thanks for the input. Do you know where the Princess tour went for the aerial tram?

It's a wonderful tour which I'm surprised Princess even offers for a day, since it's not exactly around the corner from Puntarenas. We did this a number of years ago, but we on land, staying in the Tortuguero Rainforest for three nights. Arenal gets a whole lot of rain and we were rained out the first time we attempted to do it. I wonder if Princess goes rain or shine.

When we went it was the Braulio Carrillo National Park. Not the same as Veragua. There are some recent reviews on Trip Advisor about private tours. The combination tour was wonderful. We even had time to make a quick stop at a banana plantation and to see a sloth in a tree.

Must say, the driver was quite exciting with the bus!!:rolleyes: We went on the Princess tour. Sounds like the private ones are good too.

We did this tour via Princess in February. We had actually done the very same tour about ten years earlier with Princess. Both times it was terrific.

I would echo what another person has written-- it is far away and I would not want to risk missing the ship with a private tour. But I'm kind of that type of worrier anyway!:o

Archived