Summit - AQ - A2 - recommended cabin?

Xcitdcruiser

Hi Cruisers,

I'm looking to book my dream cruise in the near future but have been overwhelmed at which cabin to go for. We are going for a little luxury so decided on Aqua Class - but now have realised that there is A1 & A2 to choose from! Purely from a $$ of view we'll go for the least expensive, which is A2.

If i hadn't come across cruise critic i would have been happy with what was allocated, but i'm wiser now :)

One thing i'd like to stay away from is smoke - cannot stand smoke.

Has anyone cruised on A2? Would you recommend your cabin? WHy or why not?

Many thanks!!

While I have not sailed on Summit, we have chosen 9038 for our next cruise. It is on the 'hump' so has the larger angled balcony. A large overhang protects from the sun. A recent review has said it is very nice and has a clean bathroom. There are some reports saying the some of the A2 rooms on Summit have mouldy showers.

While I have not sailed on Summit, we have chosen 9038 for our next cruise. It is on the 'hump' so has the larger angled balcony. A large overhang protects from the sun. A recent review has said it is very nice and has a clean bathroom. There are some reports saying the some of the A2 rooms on Summit have mouldy showers.

Thank you - you are always so helpful with my posts, i appreciate it!

I did come across that thread with the mouldy showers - i would be horrified! I'm undecided whether i'd prefer shade or sun on the balcony - are all A2 rooms with overhang? A bigger balcony is a massive plus.

I just came acorss a review by AZParrothead who was in 9038 - apparently its just below the T Pool, & you can hear the motor of the pool? He had to be moved.... do you think it was a once off??

9066 and 9064 along with corresponding cabins on the port side have dirty painting equipment docked right outside the verandahs. I don't know if these are permanent or temporary locations. While the presence of this equipment didn't put a dent on our cruise, I would avoid these staterooms in the future.

The staterooms themselves were beautiful. All new bedding, carpeting, drapes, interactive flat screen TV and reupholstered furniture. There was no mold in our showers, but it is easy for water to leak out from the shower to the floor if you are not careful. Best to open the doors inwards when getting out of the shower. There is a new nightlight in the bathroom. It is on the service wall.

9038 is an awesome cabin! I will be posting some pics soon.

Love the location right around the corner from the forward elevators amd a quick walk up the stairs to the pool, T-pool, spa areas, etc.

The angled balcony was the envy our our cabin crawl. Just wish it had loungers with footstools.

Thank you - you are always so helpful with my posts, i appreciate it!

I did come across that thread with the mouldy showers - i would be horrified! I'm undecided whether i'd prefer shade or sun on the balcony - are all A2 rooms with overhang? A bigger balcony is a massive plus.

I just came acorss a review by AZParrothead who was in 9038 - apparently its just below the T Pool, & you can hear the motor of the pool? He had to be moved.... do you think it was a once off??

There was no such noise last week in 9038. Sometimes we would hear a banging/scraping noise in the morning around 9 but it didnt last long. I would not hesitate to recommend this cabin.

There was no such noise last week in 9038. Sometimes we would hear a banging/scraping noise in the morning around 9 but it didnt last long. I would not hesitate to recommend this cabin.

Oh, thank you for your post - i did notice that you had posted previously about being worried with the noise - but that's great! Looks like 9038 is a winner!

Unless there are further recommendations.....!

I believe that all Aqua rooms on deck 9 have quite a large overhang. I know there are some photos on here somewhere, but can't find them. In contrast the Aqua rooms on deck 11, port and starboard have a tiny overhang - here is a good thread with photos:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1629443&highlight=summit+photos

I believe that all Aqua rooms on deck 9 have quite a large overhang. I know there are some photos on here somewhere, but can't find them. In contrast the Aqua rooms on deck 11, port and starboard have a tiny overhang - here is a good thread with photos:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1629443&highlight=summit+photos

Thanks for that Yvette - room 9038 is def the front runner.

That second thread that you sent through is what got me thinking - there are a lot of negative posts on rooms to avoid, but found it difficult to find those that are recommended!

I'm loking forward to reading your review after your adventure!

Archived