Wanted: Marigot shopping experience

KrystalWaters

Hey All,

I know i know i'm waiting until the last minute.

We are due to cruise next Saturday, 9/22 yeah on the Carnival Dream. I believe she docks in Phillipsburg?:confused:

We are there from 7am-5pm. I would love to just go shop at the markets in Marigot. We are there on a Wednesday which i heard is a wonderful time to go. My scare is if we try to do this on our own that due to traffic we'll be left behind.

If I say want to leave around 10am how do i get to Marigot? Is there a water taxi i can take? where do i take it? Are there taxi's plentiful on the Marigot side to take us back to the cruise ship?

If taxi how much will it cost me?

There are 3 in my party. I really want to be back to the cruise ship around 3pm. What time should we head back from Marigot?

I would appreciate any advice. Since this is our 1st time here step-by-step instructions would be nice. Just don't want to be left behind in St. Marten.:p

Thanks

My 1000th post-Yeaaaaaaaah Baby!!

Hey All,

I know i know i'm waiting until the last minute.

We are due to cruise next Saturday, 9/22 yeah on the Carnival Dream. I believe she docks in Phillipsburg?:confused:

We are there from 7am-5pm. I would love to just go shop at the markets in Marigot. We are there on a Wednesday which i heard is a wonderful time to go. My scare is if we try to do this on our own that due to traffic we'll be left behind.

If I say want to leave around 10am how do i get to Marigot? Is there a water taxi i can take? where do i take it? Are there taxi's plentiful on the Marigot side to take us back to the cruise ship?

If taxi how much will it cost me?

There are 3 in my party. I really want to be back to the cruise ship around 3pm. What time should we head back from Marigot?

I would appreciate any advice. Since this is our 1st time here step-by-step instructions would be nice. Just don't want to be left behind in St. Marten.:p

Thanks

My 1000th post-Yeaaaaaaaah Baby!!

The easiest way is to take a taxi from the port to Marigot for $8 pp for each of the 3 of you each way. You might be able to ask the driver to come back and get you. Otherwise, there is a taxi stand in front of the ferry terminal at the waterfront, you can't miss it. It should take about 1/2hr eachway but I would leave 1 hr and 15 minutes to get back just in case. You will most likely need to be back on board by 4:30 so keep that in mind. This is super easy to do on your own so dont worry.

The easiest way is to take a taxi from the port to Marigot for $8 pp for each of the 3 of you each way. You might be able to ask the driver to come back and get you. Otherwise, there is a taxi stand in front of the ferry terminal at the waterfront, you can't miss it. It should take about 1/2hr eachway but I would leave 1 hr and 15 minutes to get back just in case. You will most likely need to be back on board by 4:30 so keep that in mind. This is super easy to do on your own so dont worry.

thank you so much for replying..i was getting worried. We leave on Saturday. I really wasn't interested in doing to tour thing so this is great.

thanks again.:D

Archived