Just booked first cruise! Enchantment of the Seas, Western Caribbean, 5-day,10/24/05

mangowife

Hi Everyone!

I booked our cruise yesterday, and DH booked our flights last night. Can't tell you how excited I am about this trip! I'm going out of town 3 times before our cruise, but all I can think about right now is the cruise and how much fun we'll have!

DH was laughing at me last night for scouring the boards to gather tips and info for the trip. I tend to be obsessive when it comes to planning - you should've seen me in the months before we got married last December. :) You couldn't pull me away from the wedding planning boards. I'm sure it will be the same now with this board, even after our cruise. ;)

A question that I've wondered about but kind of feel silly for asking... what's the purpose of formal nights on a cruise? Is it because it's fun to dress up and take pictures? I'm usually into dressing comfortably rather than looking really nice, especially when I'm stuffing my face with yummy food, so the idea of a formal night "just because" is a bit novel to me. Any thoughts?

To me since I have not been on a cruise before I guess it is for the attire.. if you do not want to dress up there are alternative places to eat.. I guess it is a feature with cruises.. LOL who am I to know tho.. just giving my 2 cents I am sure a more seasoned cruiser will answer...

Hi Mangowife...

Congratulations on booking your first cruise! How Exciting....!

I am also booked on the Enchantment....July 05.

About Formal Nights....It really is fun. Head out to the department stores...and check out the formalwear departments. They have lots to offer..in all sizes.

Your husband can rent a tuxedo from the cruiseline. It's easy and costs about $100. Shoes, too.

Dressing Formal will really make your cruise special. I promise. :)

Archived