Off shore snorkeling with Sandy Beach?

Laje

Hi! Just curious to find out if there is any nice white sandy beaches to do some off shore snorkeling...as we are first time cruisers and inexperienced snorkelers that want to enjoy the sandy white beaches and not the hard rock formations or be too deep with the kids....I appreciate any advice you can give...Thanks!:rolleyes:

Nice sandy beaches and excellent snorkeling are mutually exclusive. You have to give up something to get the best of either. If you want to snorkel from a sandy beach, this is nothing to stop you, but unless there is some rock structure near by in the water, there will be nothing for the corals and sponges to grow on, and they are what attract the majority of the pretty fish.

The snorkeling at Cemetary Beach (on 7mile beach) is ok, but what you may be asking for is what they have at Smith Cove, a few miles south of the port and tender area. The pros are, a quiet, sandy beach area with easy access and great snorkeling. The cons are, no rentals (bring your own) taxi service has to be prearranged for pickup, the actual beach area is small (but cozy) and I dont recall a bathroom or changing area (could be wrong on that). Look up Smith Cove Cayman Islands on a search. It is my all time private, cozy place to go!

Rick

Thank you both for your information....It has been very helpful...more than you know...I do want to see the tropical fish and this is something i know i don't want to miss...Just as long as it's not too deep. :)

Archived