Segway Tour

kentri

Just read a post specifically about the Nassau segway tour. They loved the segway (although you had to wear a bunch of protective gear), but said that the event takes places away from the ship and that the scenery wasn't anything special (sidewalks), etc. I agree with your previous responder: If you haven't been on a segway, it's a blast. The first time I rode one was in my late 50s. There is an added plus if you can do this activity where there is also a decent tour. We had our first experience in Puerto Rico where we segwayed over hillsides, through beach side areas, near restaurants, aside native trees, and then up to the major fort there on the island, where we also took a tour. In general, it is cheaper to locate the segway rental yourself as opposed to paying the ship. But, you will need to do your homework ahead of time to see just how far away the rental facitilty is located from the ship.

Which Segway tour are you asking about? I believe there is more than one.

We did the Segway Beach tour with Bahamas Segway Tours. (http://www.bahamassegwaytours.com/) It was excellent. It's a 3-1/2 hour tour. You ride in a van about 30 minutes out to a private property. The Segways are for off-road and you'll be riding along trails. The tour ends at a natural beach and you have about half an hour to wade in the water. Wear a bathing suit under your clothes, if you plan to swim.

You don't have to wear a lot of protective gear, only a helmet. We wore flip-flops because our tour was in June and it was too hot for closed-toed shoes.

I'll be glad to answer questions, if I can.

Which Segway tour are you asking about? I believe there is more than one.

We did the Segway Beach tour with Bahamas Segway Tours. (http://www.bahamassegwaytours.com/) It was excellent. It's a 3-1/2 hour tour. You ride in a van about 30 minutes out to a private property. The Segways are for off-road and you'll be riding along trails. The tour ends at a natural beach and you have about half an hour to wade in the water. Wear a bathing suit under your clothes, if you plan to swim.

You don't have to wear a lot of protective gear, only a helmet. We wore flip-flops because our tour was in June and it was too hot for closed-toed shoes.

I'll be glad to answer questions, if I can.

I did this same tour in Nassau and it was a great day. We would do it again.

Archived