Trip Interruption/Cancellation insurance

DCCruiselover

I saw a thread some time ago, but I still did not get enough info to make a decision. The only insurance I need is Trip interruption/cancellation. I have Medjet assist, Amex worldwide travel for medical, Amex platinum card plus my health insurance pays overseas. The trip cancellation only comes within a package, ranging from $800 to $2,000+. Can any one give me a suggestion what insurance to take? I've checked "insurance complaints" on google, and not one insurer comes out brilliant...

thanks!

I saw a thread some time ago, but I still did not get enough info to make a decision. The only insurance I need is Trip interruption/cancellation. I have Medjet assist, Amex worldwide travel for medical, Amex platinum card plus my health insurance pays overseas. The trip cancellation only comes within a package, ranging from $800 to $2,000+. Can any one give me a suggestion what insurance to take? I've checked "insurance complaints" on google, and not one insurer comes out brilliant...

thanks!

Try insuremytrip.com for a comparison of most policies

thanks!

Even Travelex Select? I've found them to be excellent, and they will insure you for 150% of the trip cost for trip interruption. Cost of insurance is based on age, residency and trip cost - so good insurance isn't cheap, but if you need it, then it's worth every penny paid.

Just make sure you compare apples to apples when pricing policies. All policies are not created equal. Typically insurance offered by the cruiselines isn't very comprehensive.

Also, documentation is key. Sometimes when people complain it's because they failed to properly document a claim (for instance, claiming theft of a passport without a police report - they won't pay without documentation, it's the insured responsibility to provide proof of loss). Otherwise, anyone could claim their passport was stolen and that's why they missed their return flight, and expect the insurance company to reimburse them for a new (and very expensive) flight.

Even Travelex Select? I've found them to be excellent, and they will insure you for 150% of the trip cost for trip interruption. Cost of insurance is based on age, residency and trip cost - so good insurance isn't cheap, but if you need it, then it's worth every penny paid.

Just make sure you compare apples to apples when pricing policies. All policies are not created equal. Typically insurance offered by the cruiselines isn't very comprehensive.

Also, documentation is key. Sometimes when people complain it's because they failed to properly document a claim (for instance, claiming theft of a passport without a police report - they won't pay without documentation, it's the insured responsibility to provide proof of loss). Otherwise, anyone could claim their passport was stolen and that's why they missed their return flight, and expect the insurance company to reimburse them for a new (and very expensive) flight.

Thanks Smartcookie! I'll do some more research.

Archived