New Stateroom Categories in 2006 for QM2

scottsanfilippo

I was just looking at some of the itineraries for 2006 and have seen some new stateroom categories that do not have descriptions yet...

Queens Grill now has a Q7 Suite

Princess Grill now has a P3 Junior Suite

And Brittania now has A1, A2 and A3 Deluxe Balcony and a D7 and D8 Standard Inside.

Any idea where these new classes are coming from? Are they redesigning or adding cabins during her drydock later this year? Or is it some clever marketing plan?

Scott

my guess is they will designate the midship cabins as the highest, then those adjacent as the next and those furthest forward or aft as the lowest. silversea started out with all verandah cabins priced the same and now the midship ones are higher. also seabourn. its all a way for the lines to bring in more revenue.

I wondered as well. Well, give me an 800 number and I'm there! So I called 1-800- (5 or 7)- CUNARD.

The reservation agents are very cool, explained it. Call them!

I listened only to that the new P3 will be the only way to get least-expensive one-seating dining, forget where the cabins were pulled. The new A-1 and 2 are the glass balconies up top that were B-1 and 2. I think all the in-hulls will be B, priced midships most expensive and way-fore and way-aft cabins less so. HAH! They call them "rooms" now..........they are running a HOTEL!

But it does clear up some issues they've had. They still weren't too thrilled with my "what is this with the suites and penthouses and stuff, they are still only one room, a cabin on a ship!"

The res agents are fun to talk to, do NOT feel you are taking up their time and seem glad to receive passenger -- note I did not say "guests" as some there will -- input.

Archived