All things Labadee????

iluvakumal

Okay here are a few questions for all you Labadee loving folks. The pictures I have seen show the cabanas a small little bit of beach and tons of bodies in the water. Is it safe to say that since we just recently booked and did not get a cabana we should just stay on the ship?

Is there more beach area somewhere I am just not seeing? We have no interest in the zipline or aqua park...might just like to relax on the beach some and snorkel. That is the next question, I am an avid snorkeler and have not seen much in reviews regarding snorkeling here...should I just leave my gear in my room and enjoy the beach and not even bother?

What is your perfect non cabana having Labadee day? I heard of a bbq, but that seems to be for folks who have a cabana? Perhaps I am wrong about that?? What is the charge for the bbq lunch if it is open to the public?

TIA for any input, suggestions, advice etc. :D:D

OMG

Please take the time to visit this island.

It is because of Labadee that we only cruise the Western Carribean.

From the moment you get off the ship, you enter a clean, well kept island.

You can explore. Walk thru the vendors (quickly)

Go to one of the many beaches, rest back and relax.

BBq lunch, ok

If in a GS or above you get Suite beach (barefoot beach) upgraded BBQ.

We played beach volleyball, and yes we won the gold medal.

We did the jet skis this time, and even if that does not interest you, you can still take in the sights from just walking arround.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

also visit the private islands thread on these boards.

Definitely get off the ship and see the beaches! We spent about 5 hrs out on the beach. We actually went back to the ship right after lunch.

Snorkeling is not very good there. We took our gear, but it wasn't good, so we didn't spend a lot of time with it on. We just relaxed, spent some time in the water, ate lunch and went back.

It is worth getting off the ship and seeing though, even if you don't want to spend a whole beach day out there.

Thank you for your input Sue. I think we will get off and walk around a bit, just not sure if I want to make a whole day of it or spend some time on the ship when most people are off of it.

We are not in a suite, so no cabana for us. :(

You don't have to be in a suite to book a cabana. We have a balcony reserved for our cruise next March and I have already booked and paid for a cabana at Nellie's Beach. The ones on Barefoot Beach are for suite guests, but those with cabanas on Nellie's still get the upgraded BBQ on Barefoot.

You don't have to be in a suite to book a cabana. We have a balcony reserved for our cruise next March and I have already booked and paid for a cabana at Nellie's Beach. The ones on Barefoot Beach are for suite guests, but those with cabanas on Nellie's still get the upgraded BBQ on Barefoot.

I should have clarified...they are all sold out for our sailing. :)

Archived