Those terrible hurricanes

girlsjustwannacruise

Hurricane Isaac hit the Ms Gulf Coast and New Orleans just before we were to sail out on the Conquest....

other than having to find a new hotel room (our reservation was cancelled due to workers were in our hotel room) .... we were not inconvenienced at all.

In fact, this is the second time we have cruised right after a hurricane and the seas and weather was fabulous....

But do be aware that decisions about the cruises are not made until the last minute....but no one knows what the hurricane will do ....

I was obsessively watching weather.com before my September 3rd cruise on the Miracle. Just after Isaac, and with active systems in Leslie and Michael floating around, it was the best weather cruise I've ever had. One friend kept emailing me concerned with how terrible it must be...and I'm looking out at 85 degree sunny days, with a slight ship rock, scratching my head. And then two tornados hit NYC.

My point is, I guess, weather happens. Any time, any place. I think I'm just going to stop worrying about it and have another drink of the day. :D

We have sailed twice, both times in October. Both cruises we encountered a Tropical Storm or Hurricane. We missed Grand Cayman on both cruises. On the Legend, we just received another sea day but on the Inspiration they replaced Progreso for GC.

Just go with an open mind and attitude and roll with what ever happens. We ended up with Progreso in leiu of GC and went on a great tour to the ruins. It ended up being a place that we may have otherwise never had the opportunity to visit. We had a great time and great weather the entire trip as the Captain stayed out of the way of the storm. No rain the entire cruise. The Captain and crew will do what is in the best interest of the passengers and try to avoid the storm if possible. Just plan on having a good time and fun no matter what the circumstances may be.

:):)

Archived