Another Birth Certificate Question

leelee16

We're leavin on the Elation on Sat 9-22!! Woo Hoo!! We're taking my mom with us for her first cruise. She has her original birth certificate from 1965. It's a state issued one with a raised seal. My question is......is that going to be ok, or should she get a new one? I'm just terrified that we're going to get there and they're not going to accept it.:confused::confused:

If it's an official government issued birth certificate and not a hospital one, I see no reason to worry. Except that I tend to be skeptical and expect the worst. In which case, if you have an opportunity to get a new one, go for it. No harm in having the extra copy, other than the processing fee.

We're leavin on the Elation on Sat 9-22!! Woo Hoo!! We're taking my mom with us for her first cruise. She has her original birth certificate from 1965. It's a state issued one with a raised seal. My question is......is that going to be ok, or should she get a new one? I'm just terrified that we're going to get there and they're not going to accept it.:confused::confused:

I used my original birth certificate (issued in 1966) and had no problem with it...and needless to say, it's in pretty "used" condition.

Archived