Eurodam cabin TV - Can I hook up an iPad to it?

pdroth

Absolutely you can hook it up in an SC.

Here is a video of our cabin from a couple of years ago SC 4181 aft corner and in the video my ipad is hooked up to the tv playing music videos.

Sorry I'm not positive which cables I used but I am pretty sure it was the component dock connector. i travel with both component and composite and a set of barrel connectors (in case I have to use the existing dvd player cables as described above).

On the Eurodam I have been able to connect in VQ, SC & SB. We are cruising Eurodam again in November but will be in PS :) so pic may not help you.

Absolutely you can hook it up in an SC.

Here is a video of our cabin from a couple of years ago SC 4181 aft corner and in the video my ipad is hooked up to the tv playing music videos.

Sorry I'm not positive which cables I used but I am pretty sure it was the component dock connector. i travel with both component and composite and a set of barrel connectors (in case I have to use the existing dvd player cables as described above).

On the Eurodam I have been able to connect in VQ, SC & SB. We are cruising Eurodam again in November but will be in PS :) so pic may not help you.

Unfortunately saying "absolutely" is a bit misleading. The TV that is in your cabin may not match those in the cabins on either side, or even in the same cabin a week later. They are changed for various reasons -- and a non functioning TV (or anything else) may be replaced with another make and model. While not quite the same thing, on my last cruise the DVD player didn't work. They came in and replaced it, but it was noticeably a different model and had a different remote.

• 4 years later...

following this thread. Googled the question and they have a few videos on UTUBE on how to find the HDML port on the room TV .. The guy actually slipped his phone into the side/back of the TV and took a picture of exactly where it was before he groped around for 10 minutes (clever!) So if there is a HDML port on the HAL TVs, it would be great since I may take pics and slide show them on the TV. You can do it with your Iphone as well as a pad if you have the adapters I think :cool:;)

Sorry to be part of a zombie thread revival, but just finished a cruise on the Eurodam. Our new TV did have some input jacks for USB drives, HDMI, etc. I was able to view my photos by plugging in a USB card reader and using the provided TV Remote. However, my camera wouldn't read the SD card afterwards, not sure if it's because the TV messed it up or it was the card itself that failed.