Day time entertainment and upgrades on celebration

Hi it's me again :)

Well ive done it and booked the 2 week cruise :) from aug 19th -2nd sept 13. Im so excited. Anyway ive opted for a 1/2 deck inside cabin because that was the cheapest but when i booked there was no option for upgrading to a "deluxe cabin". Is there any where i can find out the price difference and add it on? Also i want to find out what kind of day time activities are onboard just to get an idea what to expect. Thats all i can think of at the moment but im sure i will think of lots of other things nearer the time :)

There are 3 adults and one child in your party so the booking process only shows 4 berth cabins. According to the brochure deck plans there are no 4 berth deluxe cabins on Celebration.

It is going to be really cosy in there, with bunks:eek:

If you had opted for 2 cabins you would be paying over £1700 more and if you upgraded to deluxe it would be an additional £300 plus per person:eek:

There are 3 adults and one child in your party so the booking process only shows 4 berth cabins. According to the brochure deck plans there are no 4 berth deluxe cabins on Celebration.

It is going to be really cosy in there, with bunks:eek:

If you had opted for 2 cabins you would be paying over £1700 more and if you upgraded to deluxe it would be an additional £300 plus per person:eek:

We have always done the 4 berth cabins with 4 of us - don't see the point in wasting money & having 2 cabins; more to spend on the cruise trips etc! You are not in your cabin for very long; just sleeping & changing.

Let me reassure you that there is plenty of storage & wardrobe space but not a lot of space for people if 4 of you are in the cabin together however from experience I would pay a bit extra to go up to deck 3/4 & pre-book a cabin number purely because you are not in the "bowels" of the ship - there are actually 2 x 4 berth cabins on the Celebration that are bigger than the other 4 berth cabins onboard; we had one this year and have pre-booked one for next.

If you look on the deck plan, there are 2 4 berths behind the reception area. It really is worth paying the extra to upgrade to one of these but I am not sure if you woud know if they are available until you have upgraded to deck 3/4 as I think you have to phone a seperate number to pre-book the actual cabin number!! (our travel agent has always sorted this out for us!) Chicken & egg but I wouldn't want to be down at the bottom of deck 1 - that is just personal choice of course ;)

Hi it's me again :)

Well ive done it and booked the 2 week cruise :) from aug 19th -2nd sept 13. Im so excited. Anyway ive opted for a 1/2 deck inside cabin because that was the cheapest but when i booked there was no option for upgrading to a "deluxe cabin". Is there any where i can find out the price difference and add it on? Also i want to find out what kind of day time activities are onboard just to get an idea what to expect. Thats all i can think of at the moment but im sure i will think of lots of other things nearer the time :)

Hi,Ref whats on during the day,well theres alot to do if you want to,you will get a cruise news in your cabin every night,but heres a sample of what you can expect, table tennis,carpet bowls,lectures,quizzes,ice carving,napkin folding,cocktail making,wine tasting,quoits,films,and of course bingo,and theres a library,games and puzzles room and iternet room.enjoy.

The chicken and egg situation seems silly to me. thomson want you to upgrade and then book your cabin. Of course a decent location may not be available. i use a TA and put it simply, book the cabin then you get my credit card number, not before:)

The chicken and egg situation seems silly to me. thomson want you to upgrade and then book your cabin. Of course a decent location may not be available. i use a TA and put it simply, book the cabin then you get my credit card number, not before:)

I would like to think that you could check with the department that books the cabin numbers prior to upgrading however in this instance I would upgrade to deck 3 or 4 anyway - I wouldn't want to end up being put on deck 1. There are plenty of good cabins on deck 3 in a good location & I would rather book one of those than be next to a lift or right at the front or back of the ship:)

I would like to think that you could check with the department that books the cabin numbers prior to upgrading however in this instance I would upgrade to deck 3 or 4 anyway - I wouldn't want to end up being put on deck 1. There are plenty of good cabins on deck 3 in a good location & I would rather book one of those than be next to a lift or right at the front or back of the ship:)

nowt wrong with deck 1 cabins , the furthest back is only just aft of midships so a long way from the back,all the 4 berth ones are well located anyway,

dont think there are any 4 berth jobs on deck 2

nowt wrong with deck 1 cabins , the furthest back is only just aft of midships so a long way from the back,all the 4 berth ones are well located anyway,

dont think there are any 4 berth jobs on deck 2

Like I said, it's personal choice and personally I wouldn't chose to be on deck 1 ;) You're right - there are no 4 berths on deck 2.

Archived