Carnival Destiny B2B Epic Review! Tons of Pics, Menus, Food, FunTimes, & Documents!!!

dvdkndy

Love your review so far! We are going on the Destiny in 2 weeks and it is our first cruise.. Can't wait!

Did you book SAS as a private transfer or just regular? The reason I ask is that we fly in the day of our cruise and were hoping to find a transfer company that would stop so we could purchase soda ubt we have been told that they will not stop unless you book a private transfer??

Thank you and can't wait for more!

Did you book SAS as a private transfer or just regular? The reason I ask is that we fly in the day of our cruise and were hoping to find a transfer company that would stop so we could purchase soda ubt we have been told that they will not stop unless you book a private transfer??

We just booked the $45 price that was quoted. Whther or not it was a private or regular however it just happened to be my wife and I. Luck of the draw I guess. We just asked him whenever we got in the van and he was very willing to accomodate us. We tipped him extra for the hassle. All in all, it added maybe 5 minutes to the trip. Just be kind and ask.

Edited by dvdkndy

After getting our bags settled, we went down to the desk to ask where we could walk to and eat some dinner. We were directed to Bayside Marketplace, which was about 15 blocks away. We decided to walk there and find some food. It was a little haul to get there and while walking we decided to definitely take a cab on the way back. The one thing about that walk was we had not yet adjusted to the humid atmosphere there so we were soaking with sweat. The walk was pleasant and was nice to get a feeling of the hustle of the city.

file-34.jpg

file-43.jpg

AA Arena

file-37.jpg

file-48.jpg

We really like the open-air concept of Bayside. It was busy with the next day being a holiday. We shopped a little grabbed a bite to eat and then took a cab back to the hotel.

The marina right under our room at the Marriott

file-51.jpg

That night we slept with the curtains opened hoping to maybe see a ship pull into the port in the middle of the night. The lights were awesome to see while lying in bed.

file-50.jpg

Tomorrow was a big day and we need to be well rested!

We woke up this morning and literally had to grab our camera because of the sight we were seeing. What do you think about it?

file-60.jpg

Went to bed with an empty port and woke up with 4 ships in port!

file-61.jpg

Someone please give props to my wife’s flower on her toe, it will make her feel special!

file-65.jpg

Sun coming up over South Beach

file-67.jpg

Norwegian Sky, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Destiny, and Majesty of the Seas (not pictured)

We woke up this morning and literally had to grab our camera because of the sight we were seeing. What do you think about it?

file-60.jpg

Went to bed with an empty port and woke up with 4 ships in port!quote]

I love this one. The small terminal to the right, perpendicular to the last ship, is where I boarded my very first cruise ship in 1982, and our next cruise in January will be our second time on the Destiny. Loving this review.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!

I love the photo of your feet (and wife's toes too) with the ships in the background. The flowers were very cute!!

I'm not sure why but I always take photos of my toes with something great in the pic...the beach, ocean, a ship, port etc. Maybe it's because I love having a new pedi and it makes me feel good.

One of my faves is the same pose you have but it's hubby & I waking up, getting our first look in the daylight of Arenal Volcano in Costa Rica one morning. He laughed at me because I made him wait till I got a photo of our feet with the volcano in the background before he could get out of bed.

Loving your review so far. I can't wait for more. Thank you

Loving your review so far!

Completely random question. Could you please ask your wife if she wears a slip under the dress that she wore on the plane? I just recently bought it and I'm worried that it's going to be see-through and whether I need to wear a slip or not. Also, let her know I love her painted toes!

My wife and I are doing a B2B in January. Since you guys don't drink I had heard they might give you a bottle of champagne. Did you get any alcohol or could you request something different. We don't drink either and was just wondering.

Wiz

We did not request anything different but just kept is as a souvenir. We actually got 2 of them on the ship. One for the B2B portion and one for the game of love. The other one we popped the cork on our balcony just for fun and then poured the rest out. It is a nice conversation piece when people ask about it. Again, I don't have a beef with alcohol but it is just something we don't like.

Loving your review so far!

Completely random question. Could you please ask your wife if she wears a slip under the dress that she wore on the plane? I just recently bought it and I'm worried that it's going to be see-through and whether I need to wear a slip or not. Also, let her know I love her painted toes!

No problem with random questions. She says she wore a navy tank and a half slip. Said she has not tried it without a slip cause she doesnt have white undies. ;) I, on the other hand, did not have a slip on underneath my clothes in case you were wondering about that too. :D

Loving your review so far. The Destiny was our very first cruise ship to sail. We too live near the Cincinnati area and are taking our 16 yr old grandson on his first cruise in January. We have stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay one other time and would love to stay there again in January if we can get a rate close to yours.:)

We got up, dressed, and headed to checkout of the hotel. We were out of the hotel by 9:15am. They had cabs out front and waiting for their guests. Here is a copy of our final hotel bill.

file-424.jpg

Our driver took us the very same way we walked the previous night. We went by the AA Arena and POM sign we had passed before.

file-68.jpg

file-69.jpg

file-70.jpg

file-73.jpg

file-72.jpg

After months of waiting, we FINALY got to see our home for the next 10 days!

Loving your review so far. The Destiny was our very first cruise ship to sail. We too live near the Cincinnati area and are taking our 16 yr old grandson on his first cruise in January.

If you are from Middletown, I know exactly where you are. The senior pastor at our church is from Germantown and he went to Valley View. He was raised in a church in Germantown as well. We also take our youth group up there to play paintball too. Small world right?

We got up, dressed, and headed to checkout of the hotel. We were out of the hotel by 9:15am. They had cabs out front and waiting for their guests. Here is a copy of our final hotel bill.

file-424.jpg

Great review!

FYI...information under the blacked out marks can still be seen.

You may get some unsolicitated emails ;)

No problem with random questions. She says she wore a navy tank and a half slip. Said she has not tried it without a slip cause she doesnt have white undies. ;) I, on the other hand, did not have a slip on underneath my clothes in case you were wondering about that too. :D

Tell your wife thank you for indulging me and my fashion questions!

And I'll warn you if I think you need to wear a slip under any of your outfits.

;-)

The reason I love cruising is witnessing God's beautiful creation...sunsets, sunrises, the soothing sounds of the ocean, the stars in the clear night sky...what a wondrous reminder of His majesty!

Loving your review...may He continue to bless you and your family and your ministry! :)