Drinking Water On Princess

gg3

:confused: On a recent Carnival Cruise all 50 members of our party commented on how awful our drinking water, coffee, tea, lemonade, etc. tasted. How do ya'll think Princess (going on the Diamond - N. to Alaska - in June) water, coffee, tea taste ? Thanks so much.

We usually bring a 1/2 gallon or gallon bottle on board with us to put in the fridge and then just keep refilling form the Princess tap water. All drinking water on Princess is Purified and tastes great. Now the coffee. . . . is a different story.

I am not a huge water drinker but I didn't notice anything bad on the Grand. It was 'normal'. I was told during the bridge tour that they purify their own fresh water straight from the ocean water. Sounded like quite a system.

I've never had a problem with drinking water on any ship. My wife, on the other hand (she with a much more sensitive tummy) was told by two different ship's doctors (one Princess, one Crystal) to stay away from ship's water, and drink bottled!

Have not been on Princess yet (cruising on the Golden 12/3/05), but have read that there are no pitchers of water and ice buckets in the cabin as we have had on Celebrity and other lines. Shame, because the water was refreshing and tasted great.

By the way, what's with the BAD coffee on just about every cruiseline? The coffee was terrible on Mercury last month and posts on Princess boards constantly complain about their coffee. What's so hard about makig a decent pot of coffee, especially if the water is so good?

Rob

We had heard so many stories about the coffee being so bad--so we took our own coffee and pot. We all in our group thought the coffee was fine. I don't know what was all the complaining was about. However, the only coffee I absolutely cannot drink is Starbucks. So maybe it is the people that love the Starbucks that hate the cruise coffee. Our own coffee pot was very convenient in the morning, but otherwise there was no reason to bring my own coffee.

By the way we were on the Island Princess--15 days to Hawaii.:) Our first time on Princess, and it was great.

We usually drink bottled water when we dine out in Philadelphia. Our City water tastes yucky. So, we ordered bottled water on Princess, too, out of habit. Imagine our surprise when one day we tried the tap water, and found that it was great! All that money we spent that we could have used toward a future cruise! We'll never order bottled on Princess again.

Joan

Since this was our first cruise ever, we took some botted water with us on our Hawaii 15 day cruise, that Millie mentioned. We thought the water from the tap tasted great. In fact in the dinning rooms we drank their water and could not tell the difference. The coffee was also just fine to drink. It actually took us a couple of days when we got home to get used to our blend again, if that dont take the cake!!!

Harold

• 3 weeks later...
:confused: On a recent Carnival Cruise all 50 members of our party commented on how awful our drinking water, coffee, tea, lemonade, etc. tasted. How do ya'll think Princess (going on the Diamond - N. to Alaska - in June) water, coffee, tea taste ? Thanks so much.

Tastes like....like....WATER!

Archived