Doing something wrong ?

oklahomasunshine

That's the answer right there. I booked the same day as my friends...I actually DID the booking. We have identical categories, decks and side by side cabins and both did Early Saver.

We are 4 in a cabin and they are 2. My price has dropped more than theirs has which tells me that the demand for double occupancy cabins has stayed strong whereas demand for quad occupancy cabins has been lower, thus the lower price for my cabin.

At least that's the only reason I can come up with ;).

So then the price for the 3rd/4th pax has gone down and not the first 2.

In that case your reasoning seems right on the money.

Bill

I'm getting frustrated with CCL. Obtaining OBC for ES price drops is a painful process. I'm starting to wonder if they are making it difficult so that people will give up. I did get a price drop prior to final payment of $80.00, but am having no luck getting OBC for an additional $40.00. (price drop after final payment)

I know it is only $40.00, but money is money......

What's making it painful for you? I've only submitted for price drops twice, but both times I filled out the form on the Carnival site, received a confirmation e-mail shortly after that, and then received an e-mail showing the change in my booking for the OBC a couple of days later.

I am so glad I read this because I also booked early savers and had a price drop...Went from a 1A to a quaranteed balcony with a resident rate....There was another price drop for balcony under militarty but my TA said we couldnt get a price drop because we were no longer booked under early savers but under resident rate....After reading more on here I felt like once you book early savers you are always early savers...so I called carnival direct where she confimed that I was correct and I should be able to get another price drop...I had to call my TA and tell her that she was wrong (ugh) and to please submit the price drop form....My TA is super nice and I used her because she was a friend but I still get that yucky feeling when I call her to ask her to do something....I feel like I am making her do something out of the ordinary or over and above...I also am sorta scared that since we keep changing my reservation that something is going to get messed up at the last minute...

What's making it painful for you? I've only submitted for price drops twice, but both times I filled out the form on the Carnival site, received a confirmation e-mail shortly after that, and then received an e-mail showing the change in my booking for the OBC a couple of days later.

I don't know... I guess the painful part is that I must be doing something wrong! I resubmitted. Have to see what happens. I am getting the immediate confirmation emails, so I do know they are receiving the forms.

Archived