tipping at nohoch kay

cod

Just curious as to what most folks do?! I've never been to a place like this and though I know tipping is a personal thing, I don't want to either skimp or go overboard. And is it basically just one person that takes care of you while there or a few?

One more question. One review said a credit card is used to make the reservation but bring cash. So is the cc just in case you are a no-show? I assumed (we all know what THAT means) that my cc would be charged immediately. Perhaps this is explained at the time of booking and I just haven't gotten that far.

Thanks all...and happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

The staff here are amazing! When we went last year, we gave Jaime our tip with our final payment and he told us that he splits the tips among everyone. It seems the most fair way to do it because they are all working so hard to make your experience perfect:)

The staff here are amazing! When we went last year, we gave Jaime our tip with our final payment and he told us that he splits the tips among everyone. It seems the most fair way to do it because they are all working so hard to make your experience perfect:)

Mind if I ask how much you tipped? I'm a bartender and have been for years so I am a very generous tipper by nature. But not really sure whats appropriate in this kind of situation. If Jamie splits it all up then I'd much rather leave a lump sum at the end then have to bring small bills to tip as I go. But I want to make sure everyone who serves me gets tipped ya know?

I'm certain I will have a fairly good amount to drink plus food at some point. I don't really feel like I have any idea whats a fair amount to tip

There were 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids). Our total bill for all 4 was $100. We'd prepaid $26 when we booked it so I still owed a balance of $76. I gave them $150 to cover our balance and tip. So the tip was like $76? I know for some that might be a lot, but we tend to be generous tippers as well. And it was BY FAR the cheapest excursion with the best service the whole week. Everyone of the staff had helped us at some point so I wanted to make sure everyone got something from us. I went in thinking of the 20% standard in the US but the service, for me, was worth much more than that.

One more question. One review said a credit card is used to make the reservation but bring cash. So is the cc just in case you are a no-show? I assumed (we all know what THAT means) that my cc would be charged immediately. Perhaps this is explained at the time of booking and I just haven't gotten that far.

I just made ressies for my group of 14 and used a cc to prepay $10 pp. My instructions are to pay the balance IN CASH when we get there. They specified no Credit Cards for final payment. Your card will be charged if you're a no-show. Refunds are for only if the ship can't make port.

There were 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids). Our total bill for all 4 was $100. We'd prepaid $26 when we booked it so I still owed a balance of $76. I gave them $150 to cover our balance and tip. So the tip was like $76? I know for some that might be a lot, but we tend to be generous tippers as well. And it was BY FAR the cheapest excursion with the best service the whole week. Everyone of the staff had helped us at some point so I wanted to make sure everyone got something from us. I went in thinking of the 20% standard in the US but the service, for me, was worth much more than that.

Excellent! Thank you so much for the info :-)

Archived