Bermuda sand

When we visited Disney's Castaway Cay, I put a little bit of sand into an empty water bottle. I thought it'd be nice to put into my scrapbooks -- scrapbookers, you understand! I had no idea that wasn't allowed, and when I reboarded the ship (holding the bottle in my hand -- I wasn't trying to hide anything!), it was taken from me. I really didn't know that wasn't allowed.

My husband, however, helped me out. He had worn tennis shoes on the beach, and he kindly shook his shoes out over a piece of paper -- voilla! I had plenty of sand for my scrapbook. It was a bit of an accident, but it worked out okay for me.

From what I have heard you are not supposed to bring back sand with you from Bermuda but you can buy it is cute little bottles, pencils, and so on.

Each beach also has a different color and grain of sand so you might want to check out a few of the beaches so you can see the difference.

I collect a little bottle of sand from the beaches of the places I have visited. They sit on my desk as a reminder of the good times.

I thought I was the only one that did that! Scary. I usually just bring a little ziploc bag with me and put a very small handful in.

I brought back some pink sand in a little zipper bag from Bermuda. Bought a clear, heart-shaped Christmas ornament and filled it with the pink sand. I forget about it every year until I unpack all the ornaments for the tree, but there it is, mixed with all the ornaments that I collect on every trip! It really is my favorite one!

I also have a small container of pink Bernuda sand. If you take just a tiny bit and put it in a baggie, you can put it in a pants or shirt pocket and nobody will see it, or take it from you. (now I'm NOT talking about a big, heaping bag!)

Wrap it carefully and stick it in a shoe in yor suitcase and you should not have any problems getting it back to the US.

i always collect sand from the beaches i have been to. amazing to see all the different colors. when we were in Bermuda i brought home a ziploc bag of sand and put some in a "triangle" jar and put some around a mat board that i put in a picture frame and sprayed it with clear spray from the craft store i have never been stopped with sand. maybe their worried about bugs in the sand:eek:

Archived