How much time at Chichen Itza with AP

wdowns9

Been to Uxmal many times with AP; thinking about going to Chichen Itza but need to have an idea of how much time is spent there. The drive is a little longer so I want to way it out. I know that 2hrs does not do justice but I want to do something different...TIA...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We booked an excursion through Carnival when we cruised on the Ecstasy out of Galveston, TX last August.

It is a very long drive out there to the site and then another very long drive back and we didn't want to risk being left behind which will happen if you are not back on the ship on time. If you are on a Carnival excursion you will pay a little more but the ship will not leave without you.

It was worth the long day to see the site. Our group had about two hours once we arrived, plus there was a short bathroom stop at a souvenir place about half way going and coming back.

My wife took pictures and posted them on her website at the link below if you are interested.

http://nancysoasis.com/chitchen/chitchen.html

Have a great cruise!

• 1 month later...

We booked independently. It took us 2 1/2 hours there (the guy was sketchy and ran an errand with his wife on the way!) and 2 hours back. We spent 2 hours there. We did not have time for lunch because there was so much to see. We did save a lot of money this way ($200 for 5 people) but you make some trade offs.

• 1 month later...
We booked an excursion through Carnival when we cruised on the Ecstasy out of Galveston, TX last August.

It is a very long drive out there to the site and then another very long drive back and we didn't want to risk being left behind which will happen if you are not back on the ship on time. If you are on a Carnival excursion you will pay a little more but the ship will not leave without you.

It was worth the long day to see the site. Our group had about two hours once we arrived, plus there was a short bathroom stop at a souvenir place about half way going and coming back.

My wife took pictures and posted them on her website at the link below if you are interested.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks so much for posting your great pics! We are taking 3 of our granddaughters there in April!!

• 2 weeks later...

Have a great cruise!

Your pictures are amazing. Can you climb the ruins? Is 2 hurs enough to see the sights?

Archived