Help 2week cruise or cruise and stay

Barb46

Hi we are new to cruising and this will be our first ever cruise thomson dream should have booked yesterday but still undecided what to do ? I Keep changing my mind a friend of ours said if we book a cruse and stay book the cruise for our second week as we won't what to get off the ship to go to a hotel oI realise this is probably down to personal preference but unsure what option to take I'm losing sleep over it !!!!!

Hi we are new to cruising and this will be our first ever cruise thomson dream should have booked yesterday but still undecided what to do ? I Keep changing my mind a friend of ours said if we book a cruse and stay book the cruise for our second week as we won't what to get off the ship to go to a hotel oI realise this is probably down to personal preference but unsure what option to take I'm losing sleep over it !!!!!

For us, we would always take the two-week cruise option (if the price is fine). On our first cruise we did a Cruise & Stay just in case we didn't enjoy the cruise. However, since then we've been hooked and would now never do a Cruise & Stay option, always a two week cruise.

I definitely agree that a Stay & Cruise is better than a Cruise & Stay. The week on land always seems a disappointment when you've come off the ship. It's also good to have a nice relaxing week somewhere first before you go on the cruise, so that then you feel ready in seeing all of the great places on the itinerary.

Hope you make your decision and enjoy your first cruise! Any questions you've got, just ask, and everyone will be happy to help! :)

We would also go stay/cruise rather than cruise/stay, and that's what we did on our first one. Since then it's been 2 weeks on the ship. I would do a stay/cruise again- for us it's all about the destinations, so if the stay part was somewhere I really wanted to be, that's what I would do.

For instance, we've never been to the canaries. Thomson's do a nice itinerary there, but it's only a week (unless you go round the same places again!). So to see a bit more of Tenerife, a few days stay combined with the cruise seems ideal.

The price of a 2 week cruise can also be considerably more than a cruise and stay. If you're not sure about cruising, stay/cruise is a great option.

kate

We did our first cruise and stay in june on the Majesty, we stayed in sidari and met up with my sons which was great as it was our first holiday together for a while,but after our week on the cruise it was a bit of a let down going to a hotel, although the hotel was nice, it was not up to the five star treatment we received on the cruise, so on return have booked up two weeks cruising next year. P.S. It is not as relaxing as two weeks on land ,but waking up in a different place every day is worth it.

We're the same; our first cruise holiday was cruise & stay and although we stayed in a fab hotel in Tenerife, we just kept wanting to be back on the ship. Since then, we've done 2 week cruises as you just can't match the entertainment, the staff, the service & waking up every day somewhere different. However, if I had to do a stay as well, I think I would do a stay/cruise; that way we could unwind first for a week and relax but also have the excitement of the cruise to look forward to. I wouldn't want to get off the ship at the end of the week though. (When we did 2 weeks on the Celebration in August, I would quite happily have stayed on for another week!)

We have done a two week cruise,stay and cruise and cruise and stay our first this year and opted for a cruise and stay again next year.Enjoyed them all.

Never thought I would like the C&S but find after a week cruising/late nights etc nice to get a relaxing week in the resort for the second week

We did a cruise and stay, in Corfu, this year. The itinery was great, our main reason for choosing the cruise but the holiday camp atmosphere, on the Majesy, was enough, after one week.

We really enjoyed the space of the hotel room and bathroom, after the small basic cabin, and loved exploring Corfu.

It's all down to personal preference, in the end:cool:

The first time we did a cruise we just did a week, and boy did I regret it and always now try and do a 2 week cruise, we absolutely love it.

Saying that though Hubby's brother went on a weeks cruise and absolutely hated every moment of it.

I think for what it is worth as this is your first time do the cruise and stay, that way as Crusin Linda says if you don't like it, you still have your second week to look forward to, if on the other hand you do like it, then next year book for 2 weeks cruise.

But really it is up to you and how you feelm, what ever you decide to do I hope you have a lovely holiday :D

Never thought I would like the C&S but find after a week cruising/late nights etc nice to get a relaxing week in the resort for the second week

Our thoughts exactly Jim. Cruising is lovely but quite tiring, so it's nice to chill out by the pool the second week. :D

I think for what it is worth as this is your first time do the cruise and stay, that way as Crusin Linda says if you don't like it, you still have your second week to look forward to, if on the other hand you do like it, then next year book for 2 weeks cruise

Thanks Isis2 :) Our first cruise was the Red Sea and only one itinerary so, either had to do one week and come home :( or cruise and stay. We had been to the hotel before, so knew it was OK.

Some friends of ours went on OV and he hated it (sorry Jim:D)and says he will never cruise again :eek: If he had done C&S he would have had a week in a hotel and probably forgotten his cruise expereience by the time he came home :rolleyes:

We had our first cruise last Easter and like Debs decided on a week in a spacious Tenerife hotel would be just the ticket. We have booked a cruise and AI stay in Majorca next summer. The shock of receiving a bar bill at the end of the hotel stay would be too much after the AI cruise!!!

Our thoughts exactly Jim. Cruising is lovely but quite tiring, so it's nice to chill out by the pool the second week. :D

And get a bit sunbathing done.No time when cruising

Some friends of ours went on OV and he hated it (sorry Jim:D)and says he will never cruise again :eek:

Thats okay Linda,never been on OV.....OV2 :p

Our first cruise was cruise and stay and we stayed in an excellent hotel in Tenerife and didn't feel let down, in fact I was glad we were going to the hotel. Since then we have only done two weeks cruising but that is because there have been places we really wanted to see. I wouldn't hesitate to do cruise and stay again as the hotel is relaxing after a week's AI, late nights, early mornings, trips etc but I would upgrade to a really good hotel. I think the cruise and stay holidays are excellent value for money.

Hi, as most have said it comes down to personal choice. We enjoyed a 2 week Caribbean stay on the Celebrity which was fabulous, but on the Thomson ships we have done c&s and s&c, and preferred the stay and cruise option as we stayed in a wonderful hotel in Corfu and topped it off with a terrific week on the Majesty. It was so good that we are doing the same again this year (same wonderful hotel) just with a different route. Hope this helps! ;)

Thankyou all for your feedback i have decided to do a cruise and stay rather than the two week cruise the only thing to decide is nows which way round some of you ladies might help with this one i,m thinking if we do the stay first i will have to unpack all my lovley cruise outfits and hubbies suits and shirts ect then repack them all ? i am sort of thinking leave the best till last and as someone said lazy first week and then the criuse to look forward to :p i have untill friday to decide so any tips regarding the stay option first would be much appreicated thanks again everyone who took the time ro reply xx:o

we have done both and found the hotel after the cruise quite an anticlimax. This time I am being very unusual 6 days stay in los cristianos then 7 day cruise then 1 day in hotel before flying home (It was a do it yourself-dont ask!) anyway at least we can hang up the cruise gear in the wardrobe to uncrease after the plane journey amd after the weeks cruise I wont really care how creased I am for the last day.

we have done both and found the hotel after the cruise quite an anticlimax. This time I am being very unusual 6 days stay in los cristianos then 7 day cruise then 1 day in hotel before flying home (It was a do it yourself-dont ask!) anyway at least we can hang up the cruise gear in the wardrobe to uncrease after the plane journey amd after the weeks cruise I wont really care how creased I am for the last day.

Glad you got things sorted, infoqueen :)

We've done both two week cruise and cruise/stay. Personally I love two week cruise as you don't have to pack up and move on so find it much more relaxing. Take care choosing correct hotel on cruise/stay. One our first cruise/stay the hotel was no way as good as the cruise so we felt deflated and really, really wished we had stayed onboard!;)

first i will have to unpack all my lovley cruise outfits and hubbies suits and shirts ect then repack them all ? xx:o

We have done both C&S and S&C as well as just cruising. We now prefer Cruise and Stay as we find the second week chilling gives you a rest before returning to work or whatever you would do in the UK. As regards the packing: its personal choice but I don't think (on Thomsons anyway) that the gent needs suits (in the plural). I usually take a lightweight DJ for the formal night and for the rest of the trip during the evenings wear planters (long trs, shirt but no jacket, so a couple of pairs of slacks is usually sufficient) as depending on where and when you are going, the temperature will influence what you wear and remember the luggage allowance is not that generous as it used to be years ago. Enjoy yourself and am sure you will get hooked.

Archived