Southern Caribbean Ship and Itinerary Advise Needed

HappyHappy1

We want to do a southern caribbean cruise from San Juan in June 2013 and are looking for some opinions as to the ships and ports of call. There are two ships that do similar itineraries. Carnival Valor & Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas. The Valor's itinerary is St. Thomas, Sea Day, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten. Jewel of the Seas Itinerary is St. Croix, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, Sea Day. We are two adults and 4 teenager boys (18, 18, 16, 16)

We have been on the Valor, and loved the ship, but it are considering both options. How does the Jewel of the Seas compare to the Valor as far as food, oceanview or balcony staterooms, entertainment, and things to do on the ship...especially for the boys. I've never sailed RCCL so I'm curious as to their amenities. Also...any comments on the ports of call?

Thanks for your help.

I can't compare but we also looked into the Victory (Valor is taking over next year) and the Jewel. The Valor (and Victory) make a port stop in Barbados, the Jewel doesn't. Not many ships port in Barbados. I'd rather stop in Barbados than St. Croix.

I can't comment on the Jewel as I have not sailed her... however I have done the Victory (see review in signature) in 2010 and again this dec 2012. It is doing the route that the Valor is taking over. That itinerary is a great one. We like it so much we are doing it again. I don't think you can go wrong going out San Juan it is a fantastic place to sail out of. We have done Celebrity twice out of San Juan also. The Valor (we sailed her on a western Caribbean cruise) is a great ship also. I think it is actually a better ship for the southern route as it is bigger and has more room. Either way enjoy your cruise.:D

Archived