HELP - New Orleans Hotel

sunnydaysmile

We are looking to sail on the Navigator out of New Orleans 2/2/13 - YIKES - super bowl weekend and we are unable to find any available hotels. Any suggestions of hotels nearby to stay the night before and a shuttle service to the pier the following day?

Hi Sunny,

This is just a suggestion: look for hotels in Baton Rouge which is about an hour from the airport. Rent a car at the airport and spend the night there and then return it the next morning and catch a shuttle from the airport to the pier. Believe it or not it will be much cheaper than a hotel room in New Orleans even if you could find one.

25 Baton Rouge LA Hotels - Lowest price guarantee

The longer you wait, the harder it will be to find lodging.

I hope this helps

Jorge

Hi Sunny,

This is just a suggestion: look for hotels in Baton Rouge which is about an hour from the airport. Rent a car at the airport and spend the night there and then return it the next morning and catch a shuttle from the airport to the pier. Jorge

Thank you for the suggestion!

Any recommendations on a hotel in Baton Rouge? Also a shuttle service?

Thank you for the suggestion!

Any recommendations on a hotel in Baton Rouge? Also a shuttle service?

Hi Sunny,

25 Baton Rouge LA Hotels - Lowest price guarantee

If you open the link you'll note that in Baton Rouge right now there's only about 5 hotels that have rooms available for that Friday night, Feb. 1. The Holiday Inn at I-10 at Colege Drive is reasonably priced and not a bad property. I haven't stayed there in years so others may have a diffrent opinion.

For shuttle information from the New Orleans airport to the cruise port check this site and scroll down:

http://www.portno.com/pno_pages/cruises_passenger_info.htm#airport

If you decide to book, go ahead and reserve a car also as the longer you wiat they'll be gone.

Good luck :D.

Jorge

You could also see if the Cruise Line has any hotel rooms open for packages. I had this same problem with the French Quarter Festival in April and NCL was able to get me into a 3.5 star for less than half the going rate because they buy blocks of rooms in advance.

I would certainly look at this as well especially if I booked through the cruise line. It would be more convenient to stay in NO. :)

Jorge

I found a great rate at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge/Port Allen.

Plan to follow your advice and get a car rental for the day (cheaper than a shuttle). Return the rental to the airport the following day and take a taxi to the pier. Whew! Thanks again!

Glad you were able to work things out. Port Allen is across the Mississippi River so you'll add about 15 minutes or so to your drive.

Have fun when you come down.

Jorge

• 1 month later...

Archived