Recommendations for Private Tour Guide from Falmouth

wantocruisemore

There will be 3 couples for our March cruise that docks at Falmouth. The consensus is to go to Dunn River Falls. After that we do not want river tubing, or horses, or any of the other water activites that seem to be on most of the canned tours. Some general sightseeing (including history), a rum factory or shopping would be more to out liking. We prefer a private because I've learned from experience that private is not only more cost effective than the cruise lines but is also better because you control the time spent everywhere.

I've done some research on this board and TripAdvisor, but it seems most are based out of Ocho Rios. The ones that do cover Falmouth have the canned tours.

I've contacted Courtney Taylor and he is a possibility. Anyone have any experience with private operators out of Falmouth?

Also, there will be 3 ships in port that day so we want to plan early.

He is the BEST IMHO! we just did a group with him in January while on the Allure. He meets you inside the area and there are a couple of stops along the way to get to the Falls.

Very reasonable price and he will def take good care of you! He does tours all over Jamaica.He's been in business for YEARS and everyone knows him - great reputation and personality.

It seems that pretty much all of the tour operators people mention on CC come very highly recommended and you really can't go wrong with any of them. Personally, I used Mark Morris from Falmouth back in May and he was absolutely wonderful. I will use him again if I'm back in Jamaica!

• 3 weeks later...
Hope you enjoy your tour with Mark - we toured with him last week and had a fabulous day in Jamaica (we did the falls and tubing with a stop for lunch/shopping).

Thanks, he has great reviews so I know it will be fun.

Where did you stop for lunch and how was it? We're not doing the tubing too, just falls, sightseeing and lunch/shopping.

Archived