NCL secrets they don't tell you about

dfilacch

When your at embarkation and standing in line, pay attention

to the signs. On our second NCL cruise,

we stood in line with 100 other people.

We looked around and noticed there was a latitudes line.

There is a latitudes line for getting your paperwork done,

and on our last couple of cruises there was a

separate line for x-ray screening.

Some of the people we were in line with said,

"Hey, how come you get to go on in front of these people?"

Most of the time there are NCL rep's who explain to people what the diffrent lines were for.

In Houston, I had to go up to the rep and ask,

"Is this the line for latitudes?" Some port's are very organized, with

helpful rep's everywhere, some not.

Last year on our Alaska cruise, we were waiting to leave the ship

in Juneau. Seemed like everyone was there at the same time, to go

on an excursion.

The line started on one deck, and went up 3 or 4 decks. Stood in

line about 30 minutes, in very close quarters. One man started

moo-- moo--ing, like a cow, thats the way we felt, like a bunch

of cows being herded off the ship. It cracked everybody up.

Latitudes can't help you there, some people get mad, some have

a good time, like the guy moo-ing.

Sammy

• 1 month later...
NCL now has a special area for Latitudes members. There are signs, but I'm not sure everyone sees it. The Latitudes area has cookies, juice and coffee, and you are the first people allowed on board except for the VIPs.

Is this on all the ships? If so, where?

Also - does anyone know if the TVs in the rooms have input jacks (so a portable DVD player will work)?

Is this on all the ships? If so, where?

The Latitudes lines and signs are not on the ships at all, but at the port terminals.

Also - does anyone know if the TVs in the rooms have input jacks (so a portable DVD player will work)?

Which ship?

we have brought alcohol on board with ease on ccl, rccl, and princess. is it really difficult to bring it onboard packed in your luggage? do they search more thoroughly than ccl and rccl? just wondering. thanks for any replys.

This little tip goes for almost any cruise line.

Do you like pasta? How bout pizza?

Bring you own crushed red pepper.

Can't tell you how many times we've asked for it in the main rooms and they usually bring black pepper as if they never heard of crushed red pepper., as if it isn't where ever the pizza is served.

It's not worth the battle, just bring your own.

I LOVE eggs benedict -- I'll have to ask for it :D Is it ever on the menu or does that remain the same throughout the cruise?

I have one -- Before heading out for a shore excursion, order a large pitcher of ice water and use it to fill your water bottles. they will stay cold for a long time!

Samantha

We recently ordered Eggs Benedicts by writing them in on the room service breakfast menu (this was on Celeb. Zenith 3 weeks ago). We got 'em! I was really surprised. It never hurts to ask (or tip)!

K in KY

Hmmm...the robe thing sounds good. Did you keep them? Was there an additiona charge added to te room?

They also gave us slippers on our last cruise, but not the cruise before in the same room. I guess I should have asked about the robes. I just assumed they were for our use when we were in the room and not to take. Now I'm curious.

Jackie

We recently ordered Eggs Benedicts by writing them in on the room service breakfast menu (this was on Celeb. Zenith 3 weeks ago). We got 'em! I was really surprised. It never hurts to ask (or tip)!

K in KY

The Dawn had delicious Hash Browns that were not on the menu, but we wrote it in after reading about them on CC's. They were yummy.

:D Although these were not on the menu in the formal dining rooms, you can order Cappuccino's and Latte's regular and decaf........

How true and how yummy! We ordered them on the Jewel in the dining rooms too. I came home with a bad habit and had to de-tox from all the wonderful coffee. Can't wait to return. I'd hate to add up what I drank in Starbucky money!

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know what are the amenities in a suite on the Crown?

I would like to know this also regarding the Majesty. I have read the ones on NCL's site, but they are not always complete. Would love to hear from someone who has been in 901 on the Majesty.

Thanks,

Jackie :cool:

Ask for an egg crate for your bed as soon as you get on; a little tip helps and keeps them treating you wonderful. Rooms on the aft of the ship are bigger and have bigger balconies. Sometimes they are upgrade rooms though; but sometimes not. Ask for lounge chairs for your balcony if it is big enough. Ask for chair cushions too. Ask for down comforters; most cruise ships and cruise lines have them. Bring duct tape for your hangers that make too much noise. Ask for extra pillows and towels. order from one of the restaurants and have it on your balcony for a really nice meal. Princess has a balcony dinner and it is much cheaper this route. I don't know if NCL offers this now.

It is possible to get special food on request but you have to give them a day or two days notice and they will let you know what they can prepare. Being Indian, we had several vegetarian people in our group so while at Windows (on NCL Spirit) we were given vegetarian curry with Basmati rice and fish curry.

The great Maitre d' at Raffles, we tipped him on the first day and ever since, they always made us specially baked endless platters of egg-less cookies, chickpea curry etc. That was nice. I know they will cater to you but you have to give them some time and request your special need as early as possible.

we have brought alcohol on board with ease on ccl, rccl, and princess. is it really difficult to bring it onboard packed in your luggage? do they search more thoroughly than ccl and rccl? just wondering. thanks for any replys.

We had a very easy time bringing the booze. We had 2 bottles of wine and 1 bottle of whiskey and no one ever stopped us from taking it on. I guess it depends if you get lucky.

• 3 weeks later...
I am not too keen on the water on ships. Can I bring on my own case of water or a six pack of soda? Will NCL take it from me? I am going on the Pride of Aloha in the end of June.

Sure can - bring two or better yet lighten the load and bring some back from each port.

If you drive to your departure port, consider bringing the cheapest blender you can find. Pack it in your suit case and leave it when the cruise is over. Then you have extra room for bringing things back.

You can order fruit and ice from room service and blend your own frozen drinks. Yougurt for smoothies or liquor for adult beverages.

We did this once and we saved quite a bit of money on pool side drinks.

Archived