10 day menu

Tripper10

and how are you the #1 post in the thread that I started lol....

Got me, gotta say I have never seen that happen before LOL.

And sorry, I just assumed that an Alaska cruise would have different things than Caribbean but I guess I am wrong! You learn something new every day and it my case, I forget 2-3 things!

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to remember that the head chef has many menus to choose from. They can select the choice at their whim. (The menus have all changed as of late as well.)

I know one night can be Italian night, another is 'all American' with things like meatloaf and pot roast.

I have never seen a posting of 'a ten day cruise.'

And as one above spoke, it depends on where the ship is headed. If you are in Alaska, you will find more dishes with salmon, headed to Hawaii? More pineapple and things from that area, and so on.

I think you just have to sit back and enjoy the cruise. Every day, just go to the MDR doors and check to see what is being served that night!

Have a great cruise!;)

I seem to remember that the head chef has many menus to choose from. They can select the choice at their whim. (The menus have all changed as of late as well.)

I know one night can be Italian night, another is 'all American' with things like meatloaf and pot roast.

I have never seen a posting of 'a ten day cruise.'

And as one above spoke, it depends on where the ship is headed. If you are in Alaska, you will find more dishes with salmon, headed to Hawaii? More pineapple and things from that area, and so on.

I think you just have to sit back and enjoy the cruise. Every day, just go to the MDR doors and check to see what is being served that night!

Have a great cruise!;)

The chef really doesn't have a choice of menus. All of the food for the meals is typically loaded on board at the Embarkation port and the menus are set. In Alaska last month the Golden did receive fresh fish in Ketchikan each cruise. There was baked Halibut the next day in the Horizon Court for lunch. This is not typical of most cruises

The chef really doesn't have a choice of menus. All of the food for the meals is typically loaded on board at the Embarkation port and the menus are set. In Alaska last month the Golden did receive fresh fish in Ketchikan each cruise. There was baked Halibut the next day in the Horizon Court for lunch. This is not typical of most cruises.

Thank you. I have been reading for weeks now and still don't know everything. But one of our traveling companions said that when she went to the cooking demonstration, that the chef said that they had so many to choose from. I would assume that they have to choose in advance so that yes, all the food is onboard ahead of time, before we set sail. Could that be how it works? Just asking?:confused:

I'm asking because I'd like to try a specialty restaurant on a night or 2, but not on a really good dinner night (lobster night). Is lobster or prime rib night usually on a formal night and if so, which nights on the 10 day cruise are the formal nights?

I'm asking because I'd like to try a specialty restaurant on a night or 2, but not on a really good dinner night (lobster night). Is lobster or prime rib night usually on a formal night and if so, which nights on the 10 day cruise are the formal nights?

Yes, lobster night is on a formal night. I have read that people go to the MDR on the sail day to see where their table will be, meet the people working there. . .you might be able to get a sneak peak at the menus and decide from that? It doesn't hurt to ask when you get onboard.

Okay here's one thing to know: you can check out that night's menu by looking outside any of the MDRs, right after lunch. The menus are always displayed. But in the OP's case (I'm assuming the person who wants to know when to eat in the specialty restaurant), usually you can find out when you look at the first day's Patters when the formal nights are. Lobster will usually be served on one of the formal nights. It could be possible that there will be plenty of space in the s.r.'s that you don't need to rush the first day to book them, but if you're concerned, you can go see the maitre'd the first day (in the line to change dining assignments) or talk to the head waiter when you arrive for dinner the first night.

The same menu is served throughout the two to three MDRs on the same night, but each night, the menu will be different. Even on a two week cruise, there may be one or two items repeated sometime (even though I don't recall seeing this happen on my last two cruise), but each night, the menu will be completely different. There will be some menus that will be served fleetwide such as the Landfall menu on the last night.

And there could be some items that are served only on a specific itinerary. That is true on the Hawaiian cruises.

Archived