New Orleans Hotel and Transportation to Port

Doppleganger

I'm staying at the Ramada in Metairie, free parking, but no transportation to the port.

I've seen mention of taxis and I think something about a street car. How much is the taxi from the hotel to the Port, and is it the same for vice versa?

What's the best option for 2 people with large suitcases, and a medium sized suitcase for a carry on?

I'm staying at the Ramada in Metairie, free parking, but no transportation to the port.

I've seen mention of taxis and I think something about a street car. How much is the taxi from the hotel to the Port, and is it the same for vice versa?

What's the best option for 2 people with large suitcases, and a medium sized suitcase for a carry on?

Hi DG,

I would start by contacting Ramada and see what their recommendation is on the best way to get to the cruise port from their property. A taxi is another option. Try this so that you can get an idea of the rates:

www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=New-Orleans-LA

Hope this helps,

Jorge

Thanks for the link! I didn't realize that a taxi would cost $25 for 1.5 miles, but I called and that was their recommended way to do it also.

DG,

Your hotel is in the suburb of Metairie. Your ride is much longer than 1.5 miles. It's more like 11 miles or so; $25 is extremely reasonable. :D

Jorge

Hi DG,

I would start by contacting Ramada and see what their recommendation is on the best way to get to the cruise port from their property. A taxi is another option. Try this so that you can get an idea of the rates:

www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=New-Orleans-LA

Hope this helps,

Jorge

Great link, thanks for sharing!

Archived