C. Victory Sept. 16 '12 Review with pics

Karpkg

The JetBlue terminal is connected to the other terminals. When we flew out on Sunday, we were in the JetBlue's new terminal and there is very little food options so we went for a walk. It is quite a walk down a back hall past security and then you will walk into the main food and shopping area for all of the terminals. You can then walk to B, C and D from there.

Ok thanks!!! And where are these agriculture inspections? So should we all get off at Terminal B, go through inspections, then can we all go through security in Terminal B (and then walk DD to Terminal A) or does DD who is on JetBlue in Terminal A have to go through security over there alone?

Ok thanks!!! And where are these agriculture inspections? So should we all get off at Terminal B, go through inspections, then can we all go through security in Terminal B (and then walk DD to Terminal A) or does DD who is on JetBlue in Terminal A have to go through security over there alone?

There are several of those USDA inspection stations. We went through the ones in Terminal B because we saw the sign for it outside (didn't realize there was one right next to the hallway connecting Terminal A.)

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to go through the security together and then separate once you are in the main terminal area. However, security may make you go through the respective security stations for your respective gates so they may split you up. We were there around 4 pm on Sunday and the airport was dead. I can imagine earlier in the morning is probably substantially busier so the guards may be more apt to make you go into the respective security lines per your gates. When its not so busy, they may not care.

WOW!!! That's all I can say. I've just spent the last couple of hours reading your review. It's fantastic! Thank you so much!!!!! I've never read a whole thread that was more than a few pages. The pictures were beautiful and your narrative informative and interesting. I have been contemplating doing this cruise for a few days now and you have convinced me. I just have to pick a date. The least expensive is in Sept. I see that is when you went. You mention the heat a few times. Was it very uncomfortable? How hot do you think it got? Thanks again for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

WOW!!! That's all I can say. I've just spent the last couple of hours reading your review. It's fantastic! Thank you so much!!!!! I've never read a whole thread that was more than a few pages. The pictures were beautiful and your narrative informative and interesting. I have been contemplating doing this cruise for a few days now and you have convinced me. I just have to pick a date. The least expensive is in Sept. I see that is when you went. You mention the heat a few times. Was it very uncomfortable? How hot do you think it got? Thanks again for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

I had to chuckle, because I've lived in the South for 20 yrs now(around here we call this hotlanta); we go to Florida frequently for vacation- beaches and Disney. I am accustomed to the humidity and heat here. I was also born and raised in Los Angeles, where my sister still lives and there it is a dry heat, low humidity, mild climate. But the Caribbean heat is like the Tropics- it is hurricane season- oppressive and thicker; it was funny to hear and watch my sis "wilt" within minutes of it. Every sidewalk that had a bit of shade, a breeze or palm frond she was heading towards it.

I asked hubby about it, he says this, "At 8:30 AM the temperature is 85 degrees with a heat index of 95. The low would probably be 80 degrees. It would only go higher as the sun rises."

Think Tropics, think rainforest. But remember, the water is usually close by somewhere, and jumping in is FANTASTIC!

People kept sane by doing island tours in air conditioned cars and the locals kept their engines running constantly. It's either that or beach/snorkeling. I'd find everyone up to their necks in the water with their drinks held up in their hands. Carrying water on you was a must on walking excursions. Ducking into air conditioned shops occasionally helped.

(1-Worst, 10-best)

Crowds: 10 (Counting my kids, probably 30 out of 3,000? If that many?)

Price: 10 (Cheapest during this time)

Weather: 8 (I'll take heat/humidity over rain/cold any day!)

Coolest thing EVER! Got to see and visit sea turtles at the turtle farm in Grand Cayman, but to SWIM with them?? What a dream!!!

Billy just e-mailed me a few of his underwater camera pics. I think I'll take the opportunity now to show them.

PRCruise484.jpg

PRCruise480.jpg

PRCruise471.jpg

PRCruise469.jpg

PRCruise466.jpg

and I love this one, it reminds me of Krush from Nemo going, "Dude!!! or, Dude???""

PRCruise477.jpg

I enjoy reading your review and seeing your pics. Thanks, for all the tips you mention. It's going to be very helpful, I'm planning on booking this itinerary for Oct 2013 for my BF birthday. I do not think its going to be on the Victory. I believe its going to be on the Valor.

You have a beautiful family and I'm glad you and your family had a great cruise.

I live in San Diego and I too like your sister wilted very fast in that heat. We walked in St. Kitts from the ship to Palm Court Gardens and I just went ballistic on everyone. I moaned and groaned the whole way and tried to make everyone as miserable as me. I think they wanted to throw me to the monkeys.

But you are right the water is so beautiful you just run in and it's heaven all over again. I do not recommend walking anywhere it takes the fun out of everything.

It is a wonderful cruise. I would love to do it all over again. You wrote a very good review and I enjoyed reliving it all over again. I am glad I got to meet you at the meet and beat. : )

Thank you so much for this review. It was entertaining, interesting and educational. Your tips are great. I hope to do this itinerary sometime soon. My daughter did a similar one when she was in college.

Sandi

I enjoy reading your review and seeing your pics. Thanks, for all the tips you mention. It's going to be very helpful, I'm planning on booking this itinerary for Oct 2013 for my BF birthday. I do not think its going to be on the Victory. I believe its going to be on the Valor.

You have a beautiful family and I'm glad you and your family had a great cruise.

Thank you for your kind words. :) The ship may change but the itinerary remains the same so you will have just as much fun when you have your trip. It's a long time to wait but planning and deciding what to do when you get there makes the time go by faster.

I live in San Diego and I too like your sister wilted very fast in that heat. We walked in St. Kitts from the ship to Palm Court Gardens and I just went ballistic on everyone. I moaned and groaned the whole way and tried to make everyone as miserable as me. I think they wanted to throw me to the monkeys.

But you are right the water is so beautiful you just run in and it's heaven all over again. I do not recommend walking anywhere it takes the fun out of everything.

It is a wonderful cruise. I would love to do it all over again. You wrote a very good review and I enjoyed reliving it all over again. I am glad I got to meet you at the meet and beat. : )

Darcy,

It was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely daughters. This was my first meat and "beat" from a roll call thread. :D The family had a blast and this is a terrific itinerary; the ability to wake up and be at another island almost every day was, as my son puts it, "SOOO KEWL!!!" This was worth waiting a year for.

Thank you so much for this review. It was entertaining, interesting and educational. Your tips are great. I hope to do this itinerary sometime soon. My daughter did a similar one when she was in college.

Sandi

You're welcome. I like reading reviews for tips/advice/ideas on what to do and this was just my way of paying it forward.

Pictures for me tells a thousand more words, so hopefully my pics kept a person long engaged, LOL!

Jalousie Beach. The dock divides the free side (thatched huts and snorkeling area) from the beach and luxury resort. I have like one or two pics of the free side, I have a ton of pics of the rich and famous side.

Free beach side. (People you see will fill up a boat shortly after we dock and they leave. Our group has the free side to ourselves.)

IMG_5653.jpg

229820_4502934809718_794908790_n.jpg

The rich and famous side. (Also the swim side. I spent my time here.)

IMG_5656.jpg

IMG_5669.jpg

IMG_5663.jpg

IMG_5672.jpg

Loving every minute of your review. I've been reading for what must be hours. Thanks for helping me relive our Victory cruise out of San Juan from Jan. 2011. As far as those chairs on under the thatched umbrellas on the rich and famous side of Jalousie Beach, you can rent them for $20 each. We were only there for an hour on our tour. But hubby and I decided to be rich and famous for the hour and rented them. We ordered a couple of fruity drinks each from the server on the beach and loved the experience.

Archived