How is the sofa bed on Paradise?

grumpyjr88

There are three of us cruising on the Paradise on 11/17. Two of us have bad back but one of us is a first time cruiser and I want her experience to be the best.

Has anyone slept on the sofa in the junior suites? Was it comfortable?

A) The Junior Suites on the Paradise are not truly suites. The only reason why they are classified as suites is because when this class of ships was created (over 20 years ago), having a balcony was a perk reserved for top accomodations. These junior suites are not much larger than a standard balcony stateroom on any of the newer ships. In fact, the balconies are TINY and somewhat lacking privacy (if you look down, you'll see people walking by just a few feet below you. Also, if your room is towards the front, you'll have people looking AT you from a public deck forward on the Verandah deck).

B) If you've slept in a cot or a sleeper sofa back home, you'll know what you'll find on the ship. No, it won't be the most comfortable (definitely worse than the Comfort Bed System on the normal beds), but it will be OK as long as you're not expecting much more than what it is: a sleeper sofa.

C) A good way to ensure that your friend has "the best cruise experience" as you mentioned, is to tell her to go with REALSTIC EXPECTATIONS. It will be dissapointing to go on a cruise expecting utter luxury on an elegant ship sailing in a suite, and then finding yourself in an older ship, and in a cabin that's barely big enough to hold 3 people. Make sure your friend understands that suites on Carnival don't have ANY special perks outside of priority embarkation either.

Thank, Tapi.

I have tried to prepare her for a smaller/older ship and she's been reading reviews - what few there are anyway.

I've warned everyone about the small balcony but I think we're just excited to have one. If people feel the need to look at us out there, then they do so at their OWN risk. LOL

Archived