Taxi or pre-arranged tour

kimmyg726

We will be in St. Kitts in two weeks. I am not sure exactly what we want to do regarding a tour.

I know we would like to see the Fortress, Timothy Hill and possibly the Batik factory (or whatever the proper term is) and then just head to a beach. I was thinking Shipwreck beach because we want to see lots of monkeys.

Do you suggest a guided tour or can we get a taxi for a reasonable price and just go where we want to go? Most of the tours that I see last for about 4 hours. Is that much time necessary because of distance from one place to the next or is that because of all the additional stops.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Kim

Romney Manor and the Caribelle Batik are located together, and the Batik requires that drivers allow your visit to be at least 30 minutes. You could stay longer, if desired, of course. The fort was very cool and I could have stayed longer, but maybe was there for an hour or so. We went with Rose from Rose and Jim's taxi, and included in her price were the entry fees to the Manor and maybe the Fort (I know at least one charged to visit if not both). She was delightful, and I want to say it was $40 per person? It was in 2010, but we gave her more since there were only 4 of us. For that price we basically had a private tour, which to us was worth way more than she was charging. We saw the black rocks, where the Caribbean and Atlantic came together, had fresh coconut milk and and ended our day at Cockleshell Beach. It was a really nice day and Rose did a great job. We got back to the Circus she pointed out places we might visit prior to returning to the ship, and we had about 90 minutes or so to see the area. I have read others who found a driver at the port, and had good luck. I thought for the price, to have a "sure thing" it was worth it, and she definitely delivered. Her website was http://www.roseandjimstaxi.com. I loved St Kitts and am eager to return in March. Good Luck and Safe Travels to you!

BTW I just noticed you are on Victory...We are returning with our kids as we so enjoyed this itinerary. I hope you have an amazing time! :) We will have the itinerary but not the same ship, Valor is coming early 2013 to take on the itinerary. SO excited!!

Archived