Half Moon Cay

Mzmamaz82

First time cruiser here and I am just wondering about half moon Cay, I know according to most its a beach day, but what I'm asking is what is included, I know there is a BBQ area, is it true u use S&S card for food n beverage purchases, is anything free...lol etc. Things of this nature......

You can use you S&S card for the shops but as far as I know the food is free just like it would be on board. Of course alcohol and soda are extra.

You should check the private island board also found on the "port of call board".

Good luck! I which I was able to see Half Moon Cay on my upcoming cruise!

To the OP....there is a thread on the "Private Islands" message board titled "All things Half Moon Cay" you will find out whatever you need to know there.

It is true. You use your sail and sign card for everything on the island. If you have a soda card you can use that on HMC. Alcohol goes on your sail and sign card. There aren't many souvenir shops at HMC. I would definitely make your time in HMC a beach day. The BBQ lunch served on the island is free

The only free things on HMC are 1) the BBQ lunch and 2) the lounges. If you want to use any water equipment (e.g. floats or snorkel gear), you have to pay for it. If you want shade from a clamshell, you have to pay for it.

My recommendation would be to take a lounge chair under a tree for shade. I would also recommend buying and bringing an inexpensive snorkel and mask if you want to snorkel. (You don't need fins. I didn't have any and didn't need them.) Also, if you walk over to the Stingray Adventure, you can watch the stingrays swim around and/or watch the participants in the Stingray Adventure feed the stingrays. That's free and a lot of fun.

Just visited this past week. It is really beautiful here, and the beaches are very nice! I had read that water shoes were recommended, but I thought the sand in the water was very soft no rocks or anything.

With this beauty comes a price tag. The only things "free" is the lunch, lounge chairs, bathroom facilities, misting station, the paths to walk on, and the music. The lunch was rather simple; Hamburgers, hot dogs, jerk chicken, potato salad, etc.

If you are a drinker, the prices are slightly higher here. And yes you use your sign and sail for everything.

You will enjoy it! My advice, just make it a beach day and avoid the bars!

Private Island/beach days are like being on the ship...but on land! There's no need to spend anything , if you don't wish to. It's a beach day. You may come and go to the ship as much as you like. You don't have to spend the entire day there....nor, do you have to go at all! The ship will be there and functioning if you wish to stay aboard.

We enjoy the beach...and simply use this day for that purpose! Just like on the ship, you will pay for your soda/alcohol with your S&S card. If you decide to do an "excursion"...some watersport rental, you'll pay as if you were on the ship.

We love the private island days!

The private islands are merely an extension of the ship. Anything that applies on the ship will apply to the island.

You might want to bring a small amount of cash if you are interested in the local vendors selling their wares.

Archived