Is the Fulton Street Garage within walking distance to Carnival Cruise Terminal?

Rodeomomof2

A quick question to anyone who is familiar with the area ...how far is the Fulton Street parking garage from the Julia Street cruise ship terminal? I am looking at a map on the Port of NO web site, but can not make it out. The reason why I am asking, if there is a long line, and we are hoping there isn't, to get on the ship or off of the ship for the bus to and from the garage, how hard would it be to just walk it yourself. We will have only one large bag and it will be on wheels, so it would not be too hard to drag along if we had to. It would beat standing there and waiting in a line for a bus if it were not too far away.

Thanks!

Not sure about the parking situation at Fulton for Carnival ships these days, but to answer your question, yes, it is walking distance and I have walked it. A block to Julia Street and a block to the river from there. Depending on which terminal, could be a block or so further.

Thank you. :) You say you are not sure of the parking situation? Are they not allowing Carnival passengers to park on certain days? I will also check into other parking options "just in case".

Like Zy said, it's not far (as the crow flies); however, that two blocks will end up more like 4-5...there are buildings in between.:D I'd never try to walk it....! I'd opt for the shuttle to and from the pier. I've done it, and have had no more than a 5 minute wait either way.

About Carnival passengers using FS Garage.....varying reports. There are other lots, but FS is the best one. You can check on Manchu Pichu. Not covered parking like FS, but is secured, fenced parking, from what I hear. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Like Zy said, it's not far (as the crow flies); however, that two blocks will end up more like 4-5...there are buildings in between.:D I'd never try to walk it....! I'd opt for the shuttle to and from the pier. I've done it, and have had no more than a 5 minute wait either way.

About Carnival passengers using FS Garage.....varying reports. There are other lots, but FS is the best one. You can check on Manchu Pichu. Not covered parking like FS, but is secured, fenced parking, from what I hear. Good luck.

I agree with COTTON, Machu Picchu Parking facility is very good, they had sheltered parking and clean toilets at their facility. You guys can book at www.machupicchutours.com and let me tell you, I had a great time at the Carnival Conquest:p .

:D

I agree with COTTON, Machu Picchu Parking facility is very good, they had sheltered parking and clean toilets at their facility. You guys can book at www.machupicchutours.com and let me tell you, I had a great time at the Carnival Conquest:p .

Hey Angela,

I thought you would enjoy this joke.....I thought it was quite funny. Maybe other people parking will think so too.

:D

Sorry the funny picture did not appear when I posted the message. Just check it out on http://www.machupicchutours.com/Cruise%20ship%20transportation%20and%20parking.htm

if you can not see it.

ParkingSpace.jpg.8b9f9b77273a52e0b26518debe870f7f.jpg

Archived