Overall which do you prefer?

I have been on two cruises. My first was in July 2001 on the Disney Wonder on a 4-night Bahama cruise. The second was in June 2002 on the Carnival Pride on a 7-night Western Caribbean cruise. Both cruises were very nice. The food I prefered more on Carnival than on Disney though. However, I did notice that Disney seemed to take better care of the ship than Carnival did, as the Wonder looked brand new for being two years old. What I am wondering is, how would you compare Carnival and Royal Caribbean? I know this has been asked before but I would like to know which line you prefer overall, such as which has the better decor, food (have heard Carnival has the edge), rooms (balcony), service, etc. The decor on my Carnival cruise was nice, since the ship was only about 6 months old at the time that I sailed on it and I would like an opinion on how that might compare to the Mariner of the Seas or the Voyager class ships. Thanks to anyone who can give me an idea of how they compare! Sorry for making this so long, just got carried away! Thanks again.

Archived