question about funship dollars applied to OBC

mamajo3304

I want to have my OBC fully funded when I step onto the ship and had read here that you you could buy fun ship dollars and have them applied for this purpose. So Thurs I call and after a weird phone call, I am pretty sure the lady understands that this is what I want. She tells me that it won't appear right away and that I will be able to see it on my account when it does.

Thurs night I get an email from Carnival, saying it was some sort of fax (it was a .tif file) and my email, being the "fort knox" that it is, decides that it is potentially hazardous and deletes the attachment, so I am assuming it was a receipt as the number in the subject line it the number the lady gave me as my certificate number.

What I need to know is where on my carnival account is this going to appear. I understand it will probably be about 10 days, but I don't know where I will find it.

Can someone help? Also, is there a way to just add OBC without going through the process of buying funship dollars to be applied to OBC?

Thanks!

I don't have any experience with buying Funship dollars and applying them, but I'd think OBC should show up in your cruise docs. Have you filled out the online document (where you fill in passport info, etc.)? It should show up there.

Also, I wouldn't want an anti-virus program that deletes things without ME deciding whether it's a potential threat. But that's just me... :)

The FSD's are the only way to go for OBC - they are getting a bit slower though on posting them - the first one I bought showed up under my cruise documents with in a couple of days, the last few have taken weeks. I asked about it when I bought another one and they said they were really backed up - the nice lady I spoke to confirmed she could see them in the system and if they didn't show a couple weeks before we sailed to call back. We still have a couple of months and they are now all showing... just in case though I always save the confirmation numbers and bring them with us on the trip.

We book way in advance and then I purchase one a month or two a month until the cruise. Last time we only owed $24.96 at the end of the trip!!! If you over purchase you'll get a check the last night of the cruise but so far we haven't been that lucky!

Here's what I have been doing. Go to Carnival website. Type in "Fun Ship Dollars" in search area. Put in how many I want.

Put in my first name

Put in my last name

1st address area I write..."apply as onboard credit"

2nd address area I write...Booking number******

My city

My state

My zip

Sail date

and maybe email address?

and whatever other info it asks for. I have done it 4 times so far and every time I get emails (maybe total of 4?) It has always been applied soon after order. Longest was 1 day. Shortest was 1 week ago it took 3 hours to show up in my documents (billing tab).

It takes longer when you call it in. I called one in and it took a month. I did one online two weeks after the phone call one and it was on my docs in two days.

I finally called my PVP and he had the other applied by calling them.

Here's what I have been doing. Go to Carnival website. Type in "Fun Ship Dollars" in search area. Put in how many I want.

Put in my first name

Put in my last name

My city

My state

My zip

Sail date

and maybe email address?

and whatever other info it asks for. I have done it 4 times so far and every time I get emails (maybe total of 4?) It has always been applied soon after order. Longest was 1 day. Shortest was 1 week ago it took 3 hours to show up in my documents (billing tab).

This is how I also do it.

I want to have my OBC fully funded when I step onto the ship and had read here that you you could buy fun ship dollars and have them applied for this purpose. So Thurs I call and after a weird phone call, I am pretty sure the lady understands that this is what I want. She tells me that it won't appear right away and that I will be able to see it on my account when it does.

Thurs night I get an email from Carnival, saying it was some sort of fax (it was a .tif file) and my email, being the "fort knox" that it is, decides that it is potentially hazardous and deletes the attachment, so I am assuming it was a receipt as the number in the subject line it the number the lady gave me as my certificate number.

What I need to know is where on my carnival account is this going to appear. I understand it will probably be about 10 days, but I don't know where I will find it.

Can someone help? Also, is there a way to just add OBC without going through the process of buying funship dollars to be applied to OBC?

Thanks!

Oh man, I had OBC applied to my account for Nov. and I also received an email but got really nervous so I deleted it. Did the girl you spoke with give you a conf. number? Mine did and also told me since we don't sail until the 18th I will not see it until the 11th. She said it will show up in the billing area on a seperate line. I could not find a way to do this except to call and I also asked a LOT of questions before proceding.

That was what I originally tried to do and it kept saying that it couldn't load the list of states. I kept refreshing it, going clear out of the site and going back in, ect. And it never would allow the list to load and it wouldn't allow me to just type IN so I was forced to call. :(

And I did get some kind of email, but when I went to open it, it said that "Windows Mail removed access to the following unsafe attachments". I can only assume that the attachment was my confirmation.

Put in my first name

Put in my last name

My city

My state

My zip

Sail date

and maybe email address?

Yes, she gave me a confirmation number and that number was also on the subject line of the email. That is the only way I figured out it was from Carnival at first because I recognized the number. It was only later when I kept clicking that something finally came up that said it was from Carnival, which is why I assume it was my confirmation. I wont buy any more until I see it show up, but I am a little concerned because although it was only $25 if it doesn't show up, I had given some lady my credit card number.

Oh man, I had OBC applied to my account for Nov. and I also received an email but got really nervous so I deleted it. Did the girl you spoke with give you a conf. number? Mine did and also told me since we don't sail until the 18th I will not see it until the 11th. She said it will show up in the billing area on a seperate line. I could not find a way to do this except to call and I also asked a LOT of questions before proceding.

I always purchase OBC via the website and Funship dollars. There is a problem right now with the website as someone has mentioned, it won't load the states, usually Carnival will have the website fixed. Its not your browser, I tried today using firefox, IE, Google Chrome and Safari, and none of them worked. It's a carnival site issue. I purchase OBC for our cruise every two weeks at payday, $50 a payday, from now until May it builds up nice and I don't ever have to worry about a bill at the end of the cruise, of course there will be people who post about saving money drawing interest etc...etc...etc... This always comes up on Cruise Critic, just ignore them.

After you purchase online you immeadiately get an online confirmation of purchase via email, then in a couple of days you will get another email stating it was complete, sometimes you will get an attached file and the title will be "E-Document AFIX: 00496......." That is your receipt. There will also be another email confirming the purchase, print both emails and take them on board in case there is a problem. I've done it for our past 4 cruises and never a problem. Goto cruise manager after final email and it will show as On Board Credit. Easy cheesy lemon squeezy...................

Thanks for your input. I did get that email, I just went looking online for a way to get access to it and come to find out, it was blocked because of a checked box in my mail security. Unchecked the box and access was granted. And you are right, it was an invoice receipt for my payment.I did print it out and will include in my documents folder that I will take along on the trip. Didn't know about the finalized email, but will be looking for it. :-) Once I see that, I will purchase more of these (hopefully by then the site is fixed) because I don't want a bill at the end of the trip. I want to be able to relax, knowing that my trip was prepaid and there are no money worries.

Thanks again!

I always purchase OBC via the website and Funship dollars. There is a problem right now with the website as someone has mentioned, it won't load the states, usually Carnival will have the website fixed. Its not your browser, I tried today using firefox, IE, Google Chrome and Safari, and none of them worked. It's a carnival site issue. I purchase OBC for our cruise every two weeks at payday, $50 a payday, from now until May it builds up nice and I don't ever have to worry about a bill at the end of the cruise, of course there will be people who post about saving money drawing interest etc...etc...etc... This always comes up on Cruise Critic, just ignore them.

After you purchase online you immeadiately get an online confirmation of purchase via email, then in a couple of days you will get another email stating it was complete, sometimes you will get an attached file and the title will be "E-Document AFIX: 00496......." That is your receipt. There will also be another email confirming the purchase, print both emails and take them on board in case there is a problem. I've done it for our past 4 cruises and never a problem. Goto cruise manager after final email and it will show as On Board Credit. Easy cheesy lemon squeezy...................

That was what I originally tried to do and it kept saying that it couldn't load the list of states. I kept refreshing it, going clear out of the site and going back in, ect. And it never would allow the list to load and it wouldn't allow me to just type IN so I was forced to call. :(

I have been purchasing FSD's online for the past several months and having them applied as OBC but last week I started getting the issue with the stated not loading correctly. I finally called technical service today and they told me that several people have complained about this problem and they are working to get it resolved. In the meantime, I ordered the FSD's through the nice lady on the phone. I'll try it online again next week.

Good Luck and have a wonderful cruise!!

I buy Funship Dollars to, but have them mailed to me and carry them onboard to have applied when I get there. I always sail with a friend and we have seperate S&S accounts. Does anyone know how I would have them applied before the cruise and ensure that they end up on my account?

Put in my first name

Put in my last name

My city

My state

My zip

Sail date

and maybe email address?

I tried doing it that way one time and it never went thru. I had to call in and cancel the one I did online and redo it on the phone. I guess it a hit or miss doing it online.

• 3 weeks later...

We sail in 15 days and I went online to purchase FSD and the state thing is still messed up? I have some on board ES credit already so I guess I'll just have to apply more $$ on my acct once we board, I don't want to call it in at this late date and chance it not being applied by the time we sail. Another thread on here said they were told by a CCL rep that we would not be able to purchase online anymore but would have to call, wonder if this is true?

Only 15 more days!!!! :D:)

Happy Sailing,

I buy Funship Dollars to, but have them mailed to me and carry them onboard to have applied when I get there. I always sail with a friend and we have seperate S&S accounts. Does anyone know how I would have them applied before the cruise and ensure that they end up on my account?

When I ordered mine they asked me if I wanted my traveling companion to have access to this credit. I told her "heck yes it's my wife's money after all."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just made my bi weekly purchase yesterday via telephone. I again told the lady the state thing is still not working, she just said "Yea, someone else told me that today on the phone too. Thats a different system then I use. Who knows if they will ever fix it." Uh...okay, the tone in her voice told me she really didn't care.

Anyway, I called at approx. 10am PDT and then checked my cruise manager and booking approx. 15 minutes later and the credit was there. Apparently they add it while your on the phone, much faster then going through the internet. I would give them a call I'm sure you will get it on no problem and they sent me a receipt about 2 hours later via the "AFIX document" email.

good luck.

Put in my first name

Put in my last name

My city

My state

My zip

Sail date

and maybe email address?

Great Info on Fun Ship Dollars...THANKS!

Yes, you can have them applied to your S&S account. I purchased Funship dollars for my friends birthday for our cruise we had in May. Even though she was on the same booking as her BF, the OBC was on her card only. When we received a price rate drop, that was split between the 2 cards.

On another note, I called in last week for my November cruise. Since I did a large amount, they needed me to sign a credit card authorization and fax it to them. Once I did, I had the OBC on my account in less then an hour.

The FSD's are the only way to go for OBC - they are getting a bit slower though on posting them - the first one I bought showed up under my cruise documents with in a couple of days, the last few have taken weeks. I asked about it when I bought another one and they said they were really backed up - the nice lady I spoke to confirmed she could see them in the system and if they didn't show a couple weeks before we sailed to call back. We still have a couple of months and they are now all showing... just in case though I always save the confirmation numbers and bring them with us on the trip.

We book way in advance and then I purchase one a month or two a month until the cruise. Last time we only owed $24.96 at the end of the trip!!! If you over purchase you'll get a check the last night of the cruise but so far we haven't been that lucky!

The only thing about FSD's is that they are non-refundable should you need to cancel your cruise for any reason.

Our final bill last cruise was 6 cents :D

Now with the new Sign and Sail Kiosks I'll just bring cash and put it in the machine when we get on the ship. No more waiting in line.

Archived