question about funship dollars applied to OBC

mamajo3304

Now with the new Sign and Sail Kiosks I'll just bring cash and put it in the machine when we get on the ship. No more waiting in line.

:confused:What is the Sign and Sail Kiosks? Can anyone please explain how these work and how I can pay cash for stuff I purchase on the ship...while I am on the ship?

Thanks!

:confused:What is the Sign and Sail Kiosks? Can anyone please explain how these work and how I can pay cash for stuff I purchase on the ship...while I am on the ship?

Thanks!

More information on the link.

image004.jpg

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/SailSignKiosk.htm

The Sail & Sign (S&S) Kiosk is a self service terminal enabling guests on board to conveniently manage and access their onboard Sail & Sign accounts. The terminal is accessed by using the touch screen monitor which allows application navigation. Throughout the screens, various navigational options are available. The functions within the kiosks are:

ü Check Sail & Sign balance

ü View statement / Print statement

ü Review or restrict Account Users

Ø Set charge limit

Ø Set-up guest as ‘Not Authorized’ to charge

ü Open new accounts

ü Apply payments (cash and credit card)

ü Withdraw cash ($5 or more); any balance left on the guest’s S&S account less than $5, the guest will receive the regular Bank of America check at the end of the cruise

ü Change bills into smaller bills (Kiosk will dispense $20 / $10 / $5)

Ø U.S bills only

Ø Bills will be converted into the next smaller denominations available; Example: $50 bill = $20 + $20 + $10

We have purchased OBC each week for the past 4 weeks ..... in years past we have always purchased it as funship dollars on the Carnival website and had it posted to our account...but for the past several months if you try and do that when you get to where you put the state you live in .. there is some kind of error .. so I have just been calling the number. I will tell you for some reason just to purchase OBC .... it sure seems to take a long time on the phone with the Carnival representative....I sure don't understand what takes so long....the first couple of weeks ...it took maybe 2 weeks to show up ... last weeks showed up in a few days ... and this weeks hasn't showed up yet.

The only thing about FSD's is that they are non-refundable should you need to cancel your cruise for any reason.

Our final bill last cruise was 6 cents :D

Now with the new Sign and Sail Kiosks I'll just bring cash and put it in the machine when we get on the ship. No more waiting in line.

Not true. They get credited back to the credit card they were purchased on. We went through this in January. OBC - true OBC is another animal. But FSD are treated differently by Carnival. Least that is my experience. I guess YMMV depending on who you talk with.

Archived