Aft Balcony on Breakaway

Jewels32

I'm looking into booking a room on the Breakaway, and I was wondering if it was worth it to spend an extra $100 a person for an aft balcony. I've never had an aft balcony, so I didn't know if they are worth the extra money or not.

Thank you for your help in making the decision.

I'm looking into booking a room on the Breakaway, and I was wondering if it was worth it to spend an extra $100 a person for an aft balcony. I've never had an aft balcony, so I didn't know if they are worth the extra money or not.

Thank you for your help in making the decision.

Well worth it Go deck 9 or 12

Some love them the only thing I worry about and been told is smokers. The smoking area of the ship is the back, , many smokers book the back balcony. The smoke can swirl as it is the back and the smoke can to do that on any ship.

If your very sensitive about smoke you want to figure this in your choice.

Some love them the only thing I worry about and been told is smokers. The smoking area of the ship is the back, , many smokers book the back balcony. The smoke can swirl as it is the back and the smoke can to do that on any ship.

If your very sensitive about smoke you want to figure this in your choice.

The smoking section is not aft! All balconies can have a smoker. Rather then a little smoke possibly being blow past your balcony from one forward of you on the side smoke in aft balconies is carried out to sea.

ON the breakaway the Garden Cafe is at back (like most ncl ships) and outside is open for smoking. On most ships the open area at the stern decks are smoking ok. Not sure what the breakaway will have but from past ships that is how NCl does it. If you check past posts about aft balcony that is common issue (true on all balcony's but seems greater back there)

Not a big issue to some but others do not want to deal with smoke and some like me do not get balcony cabins for that reason.

Edited by johnmpcny

ON the breakaway the Garden Cafe is at back (like most ncl ships) and outside is open for smoking. On most ships the open area at the stern decks are smoking ok. Not sure what the breakaway will have but from past ships that is how NCl does it. If you check past posts about aft balcony that is common issue (true on all balcony's but seems greater back there)

Not a big issue to some but others do not want to deal with smoke and some like me do not get balcony cabins for that reason.

Sorry no aft Great Outdoors on the Breakaway. It is on the pool deck forward of the Garden Cafe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Well worth it Go deck 9 or 12

Why 9 or 12?

I have been struggling with trying to pick a cabin on my sailing. I currently have a deck 11 booked up, I compared the diagrams on every floor and the room I chose was the biggest aft balcony they have according to the layout, but who really knows?

We were fortunate enough to have an aft balcony on our Epic sailing last month! :)

For the views arriving and leaving port, we didn't think we could have got better!

We had absolutely NO issues with smoke, but we may have had very considerate neighbours!

We would book an aft balcony again without hesitation. To sit and watch a new port come into/go out of view, and to enjoy a glass of wine watching the sun set and listening to the sea.....bliss! :)

I love the aft cabins and have never had an issue with smoke from a public area, just from a cabin next door but it was minimal. I check almost every day on our cruise to see if a deck 10 aft has opened up, they were taken when I booked.

I'm a little confused, which deck do people think is best for an aft balcony and why? I realize it hasn't sailed so no one knows for sure, but I can't really tell which is best by looking at the website.

Should we book an aft balcony or a spa balcony? They are both the same price.

I'm a little confused, which deck do people think is best for an aft balcony and why? I realize it hasn't sailed so no one knows for sure, but I can't really tell which is best by looking at the website.

Should we book an aft balcony or a spa balcony? They are both the same price.

If you look at the ship under construction below you will see the aft cabins are terraced. The lower the deck the more passengers looking down on you. If you like the spa deck 14 is the most private on on the same deck as the spa. The garden cafe is one deck up which is really handy but you could have a little noise when they move tables. Deck 13 was my choice but may do 14 on the Getaway. In my opinion the higher the better based on the design.

Deck 9 will give you the most sun and you could chat with people as the walked by below on the Boardwalk. :)

Norwegian_Breakaway_im_Dock_W708.jpg

Edited by time2cruise1

So people can see you on all the aft balconies? I don't think we want that then. I like to just be able to relax on my balcony without people looking down at me.

Is the spa balcony worth an extra $100 a person, or should we just stick with a regular balcony? I noticed for $30 more you could get a large balcony? Is the balcony itself larger, and can people look down on you since it is larger?

So people can see you on all the aft balconies? I don't think we want that then. I like to just be able to relax on my balcony without people looking down at me.

Is the spa balcony worth an extra $100 a person, or should we just stick with a regular balcony? I noticed for $30 more you could get a large balcony? Is the balcony itself larger, and can people look down on you since it is larger?

Nobody can see you on deck 14!

No one can see you on if you can get a deck 14 aft? I noticed there is one room available. Do the aft balconies get any sun? It looked from the picture like it may be totally covered.

You you want privacy or exposure to the sun and others. Time to make up your mind. I have shared all I think is correct considering nobody has been in any cabin on a ship that is 1/2 built.

Hi Evil. where did you find how big the balconies were in the aft. I'm in 12 aft. I choose deck 12 because when you look at the layout that comes up on the ncl website of the deck to choose your room. If you notice deck 12 looks like it has more empty space after the room. I'm not sure I'm explaining this right, but if deck 11 really has the bigger balcony I would like to see if I can change it now. O know on the Dawn deck 10 has the larger balcony. It would be so much easier to choose if only the would spill this little bit on insider info. LOL! Thank you for all the info I can't wait till she starts sailing.

Why 9 or 12?

I have been struggling with trying to pick a cabin on my sailing. I currently have a deck 11 booked up, I compared the diagrams on every floor and the room I chose was the biggest aft balcony they have according to the layout, but who really knows?

We have 11910 booked - is that what you have booked as well? I sail the week after you (no ticker yet, since it's a surprise and don't want my hubs to see the ticker LOL). I agonized over which one to pick so I liked this one since there are staterooms above and below and it seemed a tad bigger.

We have 11910 booked - is that what you have booked as well? I sail the week after you (no ticker yet, since it's a surprise and don't want my hubs to see the ticker LOL). I agonized over which one to pick so I liked this one since there are staterooms above and below and it seemed a tad bigger.

This is an interesting thread for sure! We also have 11910 booked for the exact same reason. On the deck plans, it looks larger than the other aft balconies.

This is an interesting thread for sure! We also have 11910 booked for the exact same reason. On the deck plans, it looks larger than the other aft balconies.

oh Tara I'm going to be begging for pics when you return since we're sailing after you!! LOL! I've never sailed aft before but I'm excited to - heard great things - especially about the view!!

I have looked in detail at the deck plans and see no difference in size. Deck plans are never exact and only representative. I will know for sure on April 28th.

Edited by time2cruise1

I have looked in detail at the deck plans and see no difference in size. Deck plans are never exact and only representative. I will know for sure on April 28th.

Look at the const pics you can see the bal are larger

With the terraced balconies on the Breakaway deck 9 will have everyone from above looking down on you. I would select 13 or 14. 14 the most privacy but under the Garden Cafe.

on the const pics deck 9 is mostly covered like 14 and the bal is longer

on the const pics deck 9 is mostly covered like 14 and the bal is longer

Not sure how you can tell it is bigger from the picture. Keep in mind the cabins move further aft as you go down each deck. How far they move could vary from deck to deck. The nice thing about 9 is you can chat with other passengers as walk below on the Waterfront.

Edited by time2cruise1