Rental Car transport to POM

dtdonaldsn

My family and I are traveling on the Carnival Breeze in December and are flying into FLL and plan to rent a car from FLL and drop in Miami. Does anyone have experience with the rental car companies there and know if they will transport us from their facility to the POM? If not, how much is a taxi ride? Thank you!

taxi from FLL to Miami is pretty pricey, unless you need the rental car, I would just get a transfer from SAS or another vendor - runs about 15 per person...

Also driving in the Miami metro area depending on the time and day can be less than vacation-worthy fun

of the rental company you're planning to use. I think some provide shuttles from the airport to the port. If you only plan to drive from FLL to POM and not make any side trips, it may be less expensive and definitely less stressful to take a planned shuttle service as mentioned in a previous post. Have a great trip!:)

My family and I are traveling on the Carnival Breeze in December and are flying into FLL and plan to rent a car from FLL and drop in Miami. Does anyone have experience with the rental car companies there and know if they will transport us from their facility to the POM? If not, how much is a taxi ride? Thank you!

For the past few years we have used Alamo car rental who them shuttles us to POM. Again this Dec.

Alamo, National, Thrifty and Dollar all have free shuttle service from MIA to the Port.

If you make a reservation, just keep checking often as the prices do drop, and sometimes drastically. One day it was 102 dollars for a full size, and the next it was 28 dollars (I hadn't booked yet - that was too pricey). On one of my rentals it dropped 10 dollars, and I called up and they adjusted it within 30 seconds on the phone.

Thank you all for the comments! I currently have a reservation with Budget (which will NOT shuttle to POM) but will check the other company's rates! We definitely want a car as we're flying in a day early but plan to use a shuttle service back to FLL upon return. Thanks again and happy cruising :)!

Archived