Best place to snorkel?

Roos7500

My wife and I will be cruising out of St. Thomas in early April next year. (2013) We definitely would like to snorkel a couple of times during the week. We will be visiting St. Lucia, Barbados, St Thomas, St Kitts and St Marten. Any recommendations on some of the best places to Snorkel?

My wife and I will be cruising out of St. Thomas in early April next year. (2013) We definitely would like to snorkel a couple of times during the week. We will be visiting St. Lucia, Barbados, St Thomas, St Kitts and St Marten. Any recommendations on some of the best places to Snorkel?

We have snorkeled in Barbados. Most of the trips you can do there allow you to snorkel with the turtles which is amazing! Definitely a must do. I have visited the other islands but have not snorkeled there.

-Kristi

St Lucia - pretty good snorkeling in the right spot

Barbados - also good (do a private tour tho)

St. Martin - wasn't impressed

St. Kitts - haven't been YET!

St.Thomas - have been 3 times. Twice we went to St. John and once we stayed on St. Thomas. IMO - head to St. John !!!! First trip we did it ourselves. Jitney to Red Hook, ferry over and then Jitney to Trunk Bay. Second time we did a day sail on a beautiful sailboat. Taxi to marina near Red Hook and they brought us back to the ship. The sail took us to a couple of locations where we snorkeled. Also had a wonderful breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks - all included. Let me know if you want more info. We did 3 beaches on St. Thomas in one day - trying to find some good snorkeling. Guess we are picky but we didn't find much. We are divers so kinda spoiled I guess.

Archived