LOS Drydock Upgrades

It is my understanding that for the last 10 days of April the Legend of the Seas was in Drydock. Does anyone know what renovations or upgrades were made to the Legend? Looking forward to seeing and experiencing her on the 11-12-05 sailing out of Tampa.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I had read that it wasn't anything really major, just replacing some carpet and cleaning. Nothing really new being added from my understanding. I will be on it in April of 2006 - so I was trying to find out also, and I can't remember where I had gotten the info at, hope that helps a little!!

I had read that it wasn't anything really major, just replacing some carpet and cleaning. Nothing really new being added from my understanding. I will be on it in April of 2006 - so I was trying to find out also, and I can't remember where I had gotten the info at, hope that helps a little!!

We've been on the Transatlantic from FLL to LIS, just before she went into the Drydock in Portugal.

We were told during the Crossing, that some usual things like carpets, etc. will be replaced.

They were also remodeling the Windjammer (new user-concept) and they've added a Latte-Tuddes (or was it a Ben and Jerry's?).

Of Course, there will also be Work on the Engineering Side, i.e. Engines, Hull, etc.

We thought she was in a fine condition for being 10 years old, our Stateroom was even in a perfect condition!:)

Cheers,

Phil

• 5 weeks later...

I can only say I hope they did some good repairs on the mini golf course on board as I have read in some reviews that it was in pretty bad shape early this year before drydock. I am sailing on the Legend with my 7 siblings and mates on DEC 3, 2005. We LOVE mini golf!

Kathy in Maine

They updated the Windjammer restaurant. In the remodel, which brings the LOS up to newer class ship standards, they lost over 50 seats. In good weather, when people are eating outside, it's no problem. However, during cold or inclement weather, it's very hard to find a table. We were aboard on the May 7th trip to the Canary Islands.

• 1 year later...

I am considering booking this ship for my next summer European juant. Reviews of this ship are very mixed. Just wondered what your impression was of its overall condition, cabins, resturant, etc.

Archived