FYI: Ultimate Packing List (Link)

GaryThePhotog

http://www.geocities.com/jazzyjas63/PackingList.htm

Does anybody know who jazzyjas63 is? Or if they happen to read these message boards?

I have a suggestion for their packing list...

It would be very handy for them to put some sort of an indication beside certain items to show those which can't be "carried on" an airplane, and also those which shouldn't be "checked" on an airplane.

There are several items on that list which fall into one of those categories.

Just a suggestion, if the author happens to be reading.

Theron

If you take meds along - other than the usual take a copy of your RX with you just in case you somehow lose the meds - at least you have a shot at getting it refilled. ALWAYS take some meds in your carryon.

Ask your doctor if he has samples of the drugs you take - takes a heck of a lot less room than pill bottles

We bought 2x3 zip lock bags from Staples and separate our meds & vitamins

AM/PM for both my wife and myself - that way as we use the day's dosage we dump the packet and have less to take back.

We purchase from Home Depot or other place 4" TYWRAPS and use to secure our luggage as opposed to locks - preferrable bright colors - if they are missing you know someone has been in there.

REMEMBER - ALL YOU SMOKERS - NO MORE LIGHTERS ABOARD AIRCRAFT

Im not a smoker,but I was just on the tsa site and they said NOT to bring lighters OR matches to the airport...And to put your shoes on the TOP of your suitcase as opposed to in the bottom..shoes seem to be one of the main things they are checking..if you havent flown since 9-11,you might want to check it out.

here is a list i compiled and leave on my web site. all three are the same, just a different format so everyone can view.

Packing List (HTML)

Packing List (PDF)

Packing List (Excel)

Hi Tawcat,

Same suggestion for you as well... it may be helpful to some to put an indication by some of the items that cannot be carried onto a plane and those items that should not be in checked luggage on a plane.

None of the sharps should be carried on, and the electronics, optics, film, and identification should not be checked.

Theron

i doubt i have the savvy to identify those other than the obvious. they change their okay stuff every now and then.

:) I don't think you need a lot of savvy! There are plenty of folks who don't travel often who wouldn't think of the obvious.

Theron

Archived