Any excursions to Stingray City and Seven Mile Beach?

mchelle1234

Hello! I visited the Cayman Islands back in 2004 as one of six single gals and boy did we have a blast tearing up the town! Alas, in 2012 I am a new mommy of a 6 month old so this trip is going to be quite different. We (DH, LO, sister, friend and 4 year old nephew) are booked on the Carnival Magic leaving Nov 25th (Mo Bay, GC and Cozumel).

In GC, we would like to do Stingray City but then instead of Rum Point, possibly do a beach club on Seven Mile Beach. From what I've read, Rum Point's water is a little murkey and entry to the beach is rocky. With little ones, I would prefer some soft, white sand for them to play in.

Are there any excursions like this? I don't want to go on our own and have to arrange chairs, lunch and transportation back to the port and have to worry about keeping time. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Yes, there are likely excursions that include Stingray City and beach time at SMB. Look for a Stingray City & Tiki Beach combo...that's likely the only one that may include lunch. Carnival has this - http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/417096 - but it doesn't include food.

However, doing it that way is going to be *much* more expensive than a DIY combo.

Pretty much any of the Stingray City tour operators will be willing to drop you off at Seven Mile Beach after the excursion. Have them drop you at Sea Grape / Public Beach. It's a great section of SMB for families with smaller kids, as there's a playground. Chair and umbrella rentals, if you want them, are easy...walk up to the guy at the stand and tell him how many, hand him cash or a credit card, and he'll do the rest. When you're hungry, do the same at the beach bar restaurant. When you want to go back to the ship, walk to the parking lot area where they dropped you off, and get into one of the taxis that will almost assuredly be waiting.

It's very, very easy to do beach time without an excursion.

Thank you so much for the information! I couldn't find an excursion like that online. I will definitely vet out how much the price difference is and I'm sure my sister will definitely want to go with the cheaper option. I'll let her do all the haggling!

Archived