Hello all

cyberrat67

After a LONG hiatus, I'm back :) It's only been 9 years or so LOL

Anyway, I'm married now...and have two kids (13 and 6) We're thinking of booking a balcony suit on Carnival Valor...they say it can accomodate 4 people....would that actually work?

I have also done 4 women in a balcony cabin, and we had a great cruise. I think it would be easier with a family! There is plenty of storage, and the key is to stay organized. Unpack as soon as you can and store the luggage under the bed. The drawer under the sofa offers lots of space too. The balcony is a great place for you and DH to have some quiet time when the kids are sleeping.

Welcome back!

Anyway, I'm married now...and have two kids (13 and 6) We're thinking of booking a balcony suit on Carnival Valor...they say it can accomodate 4 people....would that actually work?

yes, this will work. and having the balcony will be great when your 6 year old goes to bed...the two of you can enjoy your balcony.

have fun, and welcome back! we also are doing a family cruise (minus one) in march with our ds's 18 & 7. just pack smart, and be organized. have fun!

You didn't say what sex the 13 year old is but if it's a boy, the two of you can go to the gym to take your showers. Then the 6 year old and your wife can use the cabin showers. Makes it a little easier getting ready for dinner.

Our last cruise on the Legend in January 2012, my wife and I also had our two grandchildren (ages 15 and 10) with us. We had a balcony room for four. It was crowded, but we made out ok. The drop down bed stayed down all the time (we could have asked that it be raised, but we weren't in the room that much). There was no real comfortable place to sit and watch the TV while waiting for the next "thing to do." Our GD used the upper and did slip off the ladder twice going to the bathroom. There was also a strain on the storage, but again we survived.

Our last cruise on the Legend in January 2012, my wife and I also had our two grandchildren (ages 15 and 10) with us. We had a balcony room for four. It was crowded, but we made out ok. The drop down bed stayed down all the time (we could have asked that it be raised, but we weren't in the room that much). There was no real comfortable place to sit and watch the TV while waiting for the next "thing to do." Our GD used the upper and did slip off the ladder twice going to the bathroom. There was also a strain on the storage, but again we survived.

There's a drop down bed? hmmm...that would be fun

the 6 year old is a boy, the 13 year old is a girl. I figured we could do a rollaway bed for one, and the couch for another (unless I can get 2 rollaways in there)

I was looking at the more=merrier rates...wish there was a way to search for that rate :) Seems like a good deal.

There's a drop down bed? hmmm...that would be fun

the 6 year old is a boy, the 13 year old is a girl. I figured we could do a rollaway bed for one, and the couch for another (unless I can get 2 rollaways in there)

I was looking at the more=merrier rates...wish there was a way to search for that rate :) Seems like a good deal.

The good thing about the drop down (and it comes down from the ceiling not the wall) is that you don't sacrifice walking space. Our GS has minor CP, needs a walker/wheel chair and it was good that he didn't have extra things on the floor to impede his progress. The drop down also has a reading light that is also installed in the ceiling. We stored his whell chair in the hallway, no one bothered it.

Archived