Queen Mary 2, Deck Six, Aft Cabins

SantaAna,CA

Hi! Question.....I see the kid's club is on deck 6, aft. I am looking at a sheltered balcony (there aren't many left on the particular TA I'm checking out) that is practically right next to it, in fact it's the last cabin on the starboard side. Would it be noisy do you think, next to the kids club (including little running feet up and down the hallway)?

Just, you know....wondering......:rolleyes:

Hi! Question.....I see the kid's club is on deck 6, aft. I am looking at a sheltered balcony (there aren't many left on the particular TA I'm checking out) that is practically right next to it, in fact it's the last cabin on the starboard side. Would it be noisy do you think, next to the kids club (including little running feet up and down the hallway)? Just, you know....wondering......:rolleyes:
Is your crossing during the school holidays? I think I read that it isn't (?). On a voyage that friends recently enjoyed there were three children on board. On my last TA there were 12. I really wouldn't worry. The cabins doors keep out most corridor noise and... how often will you be in the cabin, trying to sleep, when kids are awake and about?

My main concern, with a cabin that close to the stern, would be that 1,000 feet walk forward to the lifts to the Commodore Club! I had a sheltered balcony close to where you're looking, that was a l - o - n - g walk forward, and an even longer walk back late at night (they extend the ship by 100 feet after midnight, or so it seems :D ). The "Sheltered Balcony" cabins are excellent, my favourite type (there are photos available via the link below).

Hope this helps!

We had a similar stateroom last year and heard nothing from the Kids Club. Don't worry as there are never many kids onboard anyway.

Really? Ever been on a QM2 (Christmas/Chanukkah) Holiday cruise? Spring (Easter/Passover) cruise?

The QM2 Christmas/New Year sailings for the last 4 years haven't been overpopulated with children, as most kids can't be out of school for the 15 day sailing plus travel time, but now that Cunard has cut the voyage to 12 days, we could see an increased percentage this December.

The QM2 Christmas/New Year sailings for the last 4 years haven't been overpopulated with children, as most kids can't be out of school for the 15 day sailing plus travel time, but now that Cunard has cut the voyage to 12 days, we could see an increased percentage this December.
i agree

Archived