I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

jenseib

brooksroom1.jpg

brooksroom2.jpg

brooksroom3.jpg

brooksroom4.jpg

I noticed Brook has this little stool under her desk. I wasn’t sure if we had one in our room too, as I didn’t see it. I did later find out we do, and I think ours was a different pattern of covering too. I’m sure I eventually took a picture.

brooksroom5.jpg

Here is the fish outside the doors (the Fantasy and Dream are not all actual fish, but have other things like seahorses too). Disney will leave notes on the fish. This is also where people hang their “Fish Extenders”. Those are people who join a group, usually on Dis, and they get so many members (10 -30) and then every room leaves a gift in the Fish Extender (FE) to all on the list. Kind of like a secret Santa type thing, but you leave it for everyone on the list and you don’t have to be anonymous.

We did not partake in it this cruise. With such a short time to plan, I just didn’t have time to get little gifts for each room. I am doing it for our Nov. cruise, and that’s been enough work there.

However, many people on our facebook page said they had more than enough gifts to share, and if anyone wanted to sign up on the “extra gift” list, we were welcomed to. Brook and I both did. I hung my FE out, but Brook didn’t. I think I got more than she did though because I was well marked and had a spot to leave the goodies.

brooksfish.jpg

I think Lisa thought I was a bit crazy at first for placing mine out and putting magnets on our door, but after a bit, she commented that she loved our decorated door and it made our room very easy to find when we came back to it each time. (That was the same comment my Mom had made last year on the Dream too)

All 3 of us headed out of the room. We went to look at the shops area. This was not open yet, but I wanted to see what it looked like.

shops1.jpg

I really loved the window displays.

shops2.jpg

shops3.jpg

shops4.jpg

Look how cute the door is too.

shops5.jpg

A special shirt for this cruise…there were actually 2 and I liked the other one better but both were too pricey for me.

shops6.jpg

I took a peek in through the window …… I spot Dooneys!

shops7.jpg

shops8.jpg

shops9.jpg

shops10.jpg

shops11.jpg

I had to get some shots of good old Walt. Something learned on a tour later in the week ….there is something missing from this famous picture ….do you know what it is?

wdtheatre1.jpg

wdtheatre2.jpg

Brook took a picture of Lisa and I.

wdtheatre3.jpg

wdtheatre4.jpg

shops12.jpg

shops13.jpg

I then decided to give Claire a call. I didn’t mention this, but in the morning I had called Skip, and he had said he ended up going to my Moms and getting Claire last night. I guess he was already getting lonely. So she spent the night with him and my Mom came over around 9 or so and picked her back up this morning.

Claire wasn’t too talkative. She was busy playing, but we said “I Love Yous” and I told her I would try to call if I could, but I might not be able to. She was doing fine and told me about some of the fun she had had already. They had gone to a movie the day before and my Mom was keeping her very busy ….or vice versa!

A few more pictures randomly around the area. I think I might’ve taken some of them while I was on the phone.

I took a peek in through the window …… I spot Dooneys!

shops7.jpg

shops8.jpg

shops9.jpg

shops10.jpg

shops11.jpg

I had to get some shots of good old Walt. Something learned on a tour later in the week ….there is something missing from this famous picture ….do you know what it is?

wdtheatre1.jpg

He was smoking a ciggarette.

viewthroughhand.jpg

I have to say that I kept forgetting that Lisa and Brook had just met the day before. They got along fabulously.

A view off the side of the ship.

oilrigs1.jpg

funnels.jpg

I wanted to see if I could take a look at the Vibe (Teen Club). I believe we separated from Brook at this point. Sadly when we got there it was already closed because the muster drill time was approaching.

So we gave up on that and headed towards our station.

art1.jpg

art2.jpg

I admired this artwork over the course of the cruise. Let’s just say the prices were not cheap and I would’ve been murdered for spending such an amount of money on any of these.

art3.jpg

It still amazes me how many people show up late for this. I figure if you get there on time you can be done with it much faster.

animatorspalate4.jpg

animatorspalate5.jpg

animatorspalate6.jpg

We had a loud family come in and stand behind us. They were kind of funny and they never realized they had to check in when they came in. Here they were calling out their room number looking for them and not one in the group of several rooms had even checked in.

musterstationr.jpg

animatorspalate7.jpg

animatrospalate8.jpg

The drill was painless, but something about it makes me sleepy. I think sitting for more than 5 minutes on a busy day does that to you.

We were excused from the drill and we went to the room once again…I am not sure why we made a stop there, but I have pictures to prove we did …Probably to use the bathroom.

Here is what the beds look like separated. I think we also each took bonine at this point in time …just in case.

room10.jpg

This is a terrible picture, but it shows that we had our port adventure tickets on our desk along with a movies guide.

deskportadventures.jpg

And I took another shot of this picture.

room11.jpg

And it was time to go to the sail away party.

I took a shot of these drinks. We didn’t get any, but they looked so pretty.

partydrinks1.jpg

adventuresaway.jpg

sailaway1.jpg

Lisa was in charge of video. I am HORRIBLE at taking video. I make myself motion sick whenever I watch whatever I have taped. Lisa said she was bad too, but I said it had to be better than mine…well it wasn’t. Not worse, but no better.

I will post random video she took. I won’t feel offended if you can’t watch it all because you are feeling sick.

th_2012-09-222012-09-22001005.jpg

sailaway3.jpg

And some more pretty drinks.

sailawaydrinks2.jpg

And more video.

th_2012-09-222012-09-22001006.jpg

th_2012-09-222012-09-22001007.jpg

We spot Brook and Susan not too far away. They wave us over, but we decided to just stay where we are and not bud in on others views.

Brookandsusan.jpg

sailaway4.jpg

Now let me tell you, it was VERY hot this day. You could see the sweat pouring off these poor dancers.

Do you see the black girl? I went to a class she had a few days later. She is so nice, by the way. She is a theatre arts major if I remember right and is from California and plans to take her Mom on this cruise around Thanksgiving ….anyways. She was talking about how hot it was that day. She said she was like melting chocolate. They had just come from NYC and she said this weather just threw them for a loop. They hadn’t had much heat like this in a while.

sailaway5.jpg

And some more people near us were having some nice ice cold beverages.

sailawaydrinks3.jpg

Peter, our cruise director came out. I really liked him.

sailaway6.jpg

I see Carolyn now too.

carolynatsailaway.jpg

And the characters are about to come out!!

sailaway7.jpg

After the characters left, the dancers kept going…those poor people. They played quite a few catchy tunes and I spotted this lady down on the deck below us. She was an older lady, with short grey hair. And she had the moves! This lady could dance. We watched her and were amazed at how good she was. We ended up seeing this lady a lot on the cruise, though we never talked to her. Yep, we became stalkers. We just loved her and we ended up nicknaming her “Jazzy”. We pointed her out to Brook one day and she started referring her to Jazzy too and I think she even pointed her out to Carolyn and gang.

I didn’t get a picture of her that day, but I think she might be in one many days later while we were doing a tour. I’ll point her out if I do.

sailaway22.jpg

The bar staff hard at work.

sailawaybarstaff.jpg

I really like this picture.

mickeystackprofile.jpg

This party was completely different than the one on the Dream. Of course we saw that one indoors due to rain as well.

As we were about to sail away, Lisa said she was going to go inside because it was so hot. I told her I was just going to stand at the railing and watch us go. Well wait…She said she better not miss this too and she stood out there with me and we just had such a nice time watching us leave the real world.

I totally enjoyed it. If you read my trip report about our Dream Cruise, you know it rained that day ….very hard, and the sail away party was inside in the Atrium. It was also at a later time because the ship stayed late to let passengers who had flight delays because of the bad weather able to make the ship. (Ironically I had the same experience on the last NCL ship I sailed too) We left late and we didn’t start moving till it was time for us to go to the first show, which I did not want to miss, so all we saw from our balcony was us moving away from the dock.

Galveston1.jpg

galveston2.jpg

Lisa and I hung towards the back of the ship and we were practically alone back there.

dcllightposts.jpg

funnel.jpg

We were making news!

13newshelicopter.jpg

We first watched them untie us.

untying1.jpg

And we blasted the horn once more if I remember right.

galveston7.jpg

galveston8.jpg

galveston9.jpg

galveston10.jpg

We did walk from side to side at times to take it all in.

galveston11.jpg

Lisa and I both grew up on farms and then married farmers, so we had to get a picture of all the tractors lined up.

galveston12.jpg

Lisa told me to be sure to get a picture with the John Deere’s and combines in it.

galveston13.jpg

While we were standing there, we noticed that the windows into Palo looked like a mirror and we easily each lost 20-30 pounds while looking at ourselves in them. We wish we could walk around with those reflecting our images all the time. It doesn’t take much to excite us.

galveston14.jpg

galveston15.jpg

galveston16.jpg

I was so amazed at how many ships we saw out at sea.

And I really liked this sail boat.

galveston17.jpg

galveston18.jpg

galveston19.jpg

And we then decided to head back to the room and relax a bit, get showers and get ready for the show.

We showered and just hung out and watched the world go by on our balcony.

I remembered to take a picture of the goodies inside of the bag.

clubgoodies.jpg

We then headed off to the show ….All Aboard, Let the Magic Begin.

This is the Disney Magic Performers…A.K.A. the cast that would be entertaining us at the main shows, and also a comedian, David Williamson and a Venquilotrist, Lynn Trefzger. The performers had a small storyline and then the other entertainment would come out.

I really enjoyed the show. I am at such a lost that we can no longer take pictures of the shows though. I love taking pictures of things like this, and I was soooo tempted, but I refrained. The Comedian was really funny and brought kids up on stage. The Venquilotrist was good, but she kind of over did her 2 things and it became a little too long.

We were happy to see the show and Lisa got her first taste of what a Disney show is like ….and she liked what she saw.

After the show we headed back to the room once again. We had a little time to kill.

Our beds had been turned down and we had a new friend & chocolates.

towelswan.jpg

towelswan2.jpg

Something about chocolate left on your bed make it tastes so much better. We ate them each morning …breakfast of champions!

We had a little time to kill so we went down to the shops before heading to dinner.

shops16.jpg

shops17.jpg

shops18.jpg

I was happy to see a few Galveston related items.

I loved this hat. I was so tempted to buy it. I loved the look and color …but I am not a hat person. I never wear them, they look horrid on me and my head must be weird shaped, because they never sit right on me.

shops19.jpg

We weren’t inspired to buy anything, so we headed out and explored a bit more before dinner.

We saw Minnie out for a greet.

minnie1.jpg

I had a thing about trying to take the perfect chandelier picture. You will notice this is a theme for me. I did it on the Dream as well, and also of a few other items as well on that cruise.

chandelier4.jpg

We stopped and learned a little history about the Magic.

magicpicture.jpg

And we walked through Studio Sea since we hadn’t yet looked at it. This is more the family type club.

studiosea1.jpg

Archived