Category 5A On Inspiration

Luvtoeat

This category is listed as an oceanview with portholes. Has anyone been in one of these cabins? They all seen to be in the front of ship. We usually have a cabin in the middle of the ships we have been on. Wondering how much movement is felt being so close to the front. Any information regarding these cabins would be greatly appreciated.

The Cabins are equal to all other Outside Cabins in size and ammenities. Being so close to the front, on Port Days you will hear the Motors in the fwd part of the Ship as they tie up to the pier. Or the Chain from the Anchor if they tender.

If you can handle those possibilities, go for it. HAPPY CRUISIN !!!!!

:D

We were on the Inspiration for our very first cruise had a 5A porthole room and loved it. Didn't hear anything and didn't feel anything. WE went on the Fascination for our second cruise and even thougth about asking for the same room equivelent but took what they gave us with a view and it was just as nice I don't think you will have any problems unless your a really light sleeper. I usually wake to every bump but slept like a baby in our porthole room :)

Luv - I've had E-1 on Sensation, and M-6 on Holiday...both are far forward, porthole cabins. I enjoyed being in those locations. One thing, it's very quiet in those areas, as there's very little hall traffic. Nice. I've felt no more motion there than in mid-ship cabins.

Yes, there will be a loud clanking THUD! when docking, as the ship drops anchor. However, it lasts a few seconds only, and is no biggie. Just be prepared for it!:D

Much thanks for the responses. We usually cruise in the fall when prices are better, but this cruise will probably be this August just before the prices start to drop. Received an email from a carnival pvp that this Thursday will be another one day sale so maybe we will be able to get a good deal. We last cruised on the Triumph in November before the new pricing policy started. It's depressing to check the various web sites and see basically the same rates. Happy cruising to all and may we all find a great deal on future cruises.

I spoke to a Carnival PVP today and she said the portholes are fairly large and not the small portholes of olden days. If anyone that has had one can let me know how much of a difference there actually is between the portholes and a picture window it would be greatly appreciated.

Luv, the portholes are approx. 18" in diameter. Not large, but you can see just fine out of them, and the cabins I've had w/portholes have a little 'shelf' you can sit on. That's where I have my morning coffee.:)

Archived