shoreexcursioneer

svmodi

Has anyone booked with this company before? I am looking for reviews - favorable/unfavorable.

shoreexcursioneer dot com

progress.gif

I haven't used them but do have my Belize ATV Rain Forest Excursion and Mr Sanchos in Cozumel booked through them. They have been very helpful and responsive to me with changes I've had to make.

I have read a few good reviews from people who have used them at other ports so I feel comfortable booking with them.

okay just got back from our cruise today, I also had booked with them for our atv jungle excursion, when I got there it was crazy. I wasn't on the list Yhony doesn't work with them anymore,and no one emailed me to let me know. I wasn't on the list and forgot my info paperwork on the ship,crazy morning. Anyways ,Just check with them before you go ,Yhony's crews was great will do it again with them ,it was that fun,BUT I didn't get my deposit back and they honored the price that i was given, but I lost out on all the deposits we had paid in. I'm just trying to give the heads up on the next group, and glad I didn't paid it all off,like I planed. Hope you have a great cruise.

okay just got back from our cruise today, I also had booked with them for our atv jungle excursion, when I got there it was crazy. I wasn't on the list Yhony doesn't work with them anymore,and no one emailed me to let me know. I wasn't on the list and forgot my info paperwork on the ship,crazy morning. Anyways ,Just check with them before you go ,Yhony's crews was great will do it again with them ,it was that fun,BUT I didn't get my deposit back and they honored the price that i was given, but I lost out on all the deposits we had paid in. I'm just trying to give the heads up on the next group, and glad I didn't paid it all off,like I planed. Hope you have a great cruise.

I have the ATV booked with Shoreexcursioneer but I'm confused, who is Yhony :confused:. You say that he doesn't work with them anymore, but say that they honored the price you were given. So did you use Shoreexcursioneer for the excursion or did you go with Yhony on your own? I'm curious as to why it was "crazy"?

It seems to me if you decided to go with another excursion company, even though there was confusion on their part, I can understand why they wont refund you the deposit. If you did use them for the excursion, with proof of payment, I would hope with a few emails or a phone call, that they return your money.

I have a crazy question for you if you don't mind :D. How did you dress for the excursion? Their listing says long pants and closed shoes. I can understand the closed shoes but I was think pants would be hot.

Okay, Yhony is the owner of cave-tubing dot com, shoreexcursions lease thier business to different people and he was the one they used for atv tours from what I was told ,and his name was on the info they sent me when I paid my deposit. Anyways ,they said once we got half way to the atv place they no longer work with shoreexcursions anymore they wasn't getting the money owed to them. But they would work with us. After we were done with our atv tour they brought us back for a chicken lunch , which my husband said was amazing, and called us over and told us the amount we had to pay, it was the full amount I was quoted for shoreexcursions the 85.00 for double and 65.00 for single. I told them I had already paid deposits on them, they said they never got the money from shoreexcursion so we had to pay the deposit too. But they were nice and didn't charge me what they normally charge ,which is by the person,not atv. Hope you understand it ,I didn't mean to confuse you. Just wish I had a heads up before I got there ,and knew what was going on. also we had a couple of people who were tell us they were the one with the atv tour and just so happened ,I had remembered seeing a picture with Yhony in it and remembered what he looked like. But If you already booked ,I would be making them give me back my deposit or I would get ahold of cave tubing and see if they have you on their list and if they have been given your deposit. We were out of about 300.00 in deposit ,because we have a big group , I don't want anyone to lose out on their money and have to repay . Hope you have a fabulous cruise and great time on the atv's.

Sorry I forgot to add the dress part. We brought pants, but morning of the tour it was so hot,I couldn't make my little ones wear the hot pants ,so I wore swim shorts and a shirt. and swim shoes. My boys wore swim trunks and t shirt and swim shoes and my hubby wore tennis shoes , needless to say his shoes are no longer white,it's like clay and I'm not sure if it will come out.lol.... But it was totally worth it if it doesn't. I booked with shore excursioneer or what ever their name is, but the bottom of my paper said Yhony was who I was to look for. I had no idea they weren't working together anymore. So I looked for Yhony, after a few people tried to tell me they were him, i remembered him and found him.Thats when all the confusion started. I am gonna try to get my refund back ,but not sure if it will work out in my favor. Hope you have a better luck with it all before you leave. Again sorry for the long messages .Hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Sorry I forgot to add the dress part. We brought pants, but morning of the tour it was so hot,I couldn't make my little ones wear the hot pants ,so I wore swim shorts and a shirt. and swim shoes. My boys wore swim trunks and t shirt and swim shoes and my hubby wore tennis shoes , needless to say his shoes are no longer white,it's like clay and I'm not sure if it will come out.lol.... But it was totally worth it if it doesn't. I booked with shore excursioneer or what ever their name is, but the bottom of my paper said Yhony was who I was to look for. I had no idea they weren't working together anymore. So I looked for Yhony, after a few people tried to tell me they were him, i remembered him and found him.Thats when all the confusion started. I am gonna try to get my refund back ,but not sure if it will work out in my favor. Hope you have a better luck with it all before you leave. Again sorry for the long messages .Hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Thank you. I will be sending Shoreexcursioneer an email today. I definately do not want any issues with this in Belize. Thats one port that gets me nervous and if I have to, I'll just book a Carnival tour or just do a little shopping. I also sent an email to Cave-Tubing.com. I hope to have this straightened out soon. Thanks for the info.

Thank you. I will be sending Shoreexcursioneer an email today. I definately do not want any issues with this in Belize. Thats one port that gets me nervous and if I have to, I'll just book a Carnival tour or just do a little shopping. I also sent an email to Cave-Tubing.com. I hope to have this straightened out soon. Thanks for the info.

I booked the ruins/wallace river with Carnival before I new about shoreexcursioneer, was thinking about canceling Carnival and going with these people but with what I have seen my best bet is Carnival. I guess it is worth about 80 dollars extra for the piece of mind.

girlscruise2011 let me know if you are going with carnival on this same excursion and maybe we can hookup.

I booked the ruins/wallace river with Carnival before I new about shoreexcursioneer, was thinking about canceling Carnival and going with these people but with what I have seen my best bet is Carnival. I guess it is worth about 80 dollars extra for the piece of mind.

girlscruise2011 let me know if you are going with carnival on this same excursion and maybe we can hookup.

I did hear back from both Shoreexcursioneer and Yhony at Cavetubing.com and its true. They are no longer in business together. They have parted way. Shoreexcursioneer is being very professional and has already refunded me my deposits for both my excursions. He says that he is in talks with another contractor for another ATV tour and was hoping to have it in place for our sailing. Yhony, did tell me that he is not longer associated with Shoreexcusioneer due to payment issues. Because of the review kalebnoah, I decided to stick with my original plans and booked the ATV with Yhoney directly. Everyone in my group has been looking forward to this excursion.

I think if you use Shoreexcursioneer for any other tour you should be good but I can understand why you could be hesitant.

Enjoy your excursion at the ruins...sorry we won't be on the same excursion.

Edit: on another note utlady, what have you decided to do in GC? Are you doing stingraysailing.com or native ways?

We've booked excursions in Cozumel, Roatan and Belize with Shore Excursioneer and could not be happier with our choice. They seem to have the best prices on the market (yes we did shop around for hours) and their customer service is second to none. We can recommend them and will use their services again.

From reading about them on a few different posts here on Cruise Critic (over on the Costa Maya board re: an AI that starts with an A...can't remember the name of it), it seems like you should check a few weeks prior to your cruise and make sure they are still using the company you received your original info on.

Sounds like changing companies they do business with can happen, so details might change. I guess the lesson to us is that unless you want a surprise, you should take matters into your own hands and verify with them and their business partner (the tour operator themselves..in this case Yhony). If the prices are worth it to you to do that, groovy.

I did hear back from both Shoreexcursioneer and Yhony at Cavetubing.com and its true. They are no longer in business together. They have parted way. Shoreexcursioneer is being very professional and has already refunded me my deposits for both my excursions. He says that he is in talks with another contractor for another ATV tour and was hoping to have it in place for our sailing. Yhony, did tell me that he is not longer associated with Shoreexcusioneer due to payment issues. Because of the review kalebnoah, I decided to stick with my original plans and booked the ATV with Yhoney directly. Everyone in my group has been looking forward to this excursion.

I think if you use Shoreexcursioneer for any other tour you should be good but I can understand why you could be hesitant.

Enjoy your excursion at the ruins...sorry we won't be on the same excursion.

Edit: on another note utlady, what have you decided to do in GC? Are you doing stingraysailing.com or native ways?

I think we are going to play this one by ear. May go with Moby Dick after we get off ship or may just snorkel by the Paradise restaurant. Really not sure at this time.

I have booked two tours with shoreexcursioneer. One for Belize and one for Costa Maya. I have had some questions about the tours and e-mailed them. They got back to me almost right away and have been very professional.

I have booked two tours with shoreexcursioneer. One for Belize and one for Costa Maya. I have had some questions about the tours and e-mailed them. They got back to me almost right away and have been very professional.

They have been very responsive and professional with me also even on the cancellation. The problem is where I booked over 60 days ago, they cannot do a Paypal refund so they sent me a payment and Paypal charged me fees. So I had to send the payment back to them and now I'm waiting for them to correct it once they get the payment back. I actually feel bad cancelling with them but I don't like the idea that they did not notify me of the change to the excursion before I read about it on Cruise Critic to give me the option of cancelling or pick another excursion. They obviously knew of the change before kalebnoah went and look at the confusion she had. I just don't want to deal with that while on vacation.

Good luck with using them. As long as you didn't book the ATV excursion, you'll probably be ok.

I will clarify that they did after emailing them gave me a refund ,it wasn't exactly what we paid in ,I think they took fees out either with paypal or them. But for the most part we got our refund back. Thank goodness. I'm very glad. They said they were working on getting ahold of people to clear up things.Thanks everyone for the encouragement to get ahold of them and get them to fix the issue.

I will clarify that they did after emailing them gave me a refund ,it wasn't exactly what we paid in ,I think they took fees out either with paypal or them. But for the most part we got our refund back. Thank goodness. I'm very glad. They said they were working on getting ahold of people to clear up things.Thanks everyone for the encouragement to get ahold of them and get them to fix the issue.

The way they refund you they send it as a payment and Paypal took fees out of it. I told them about the fees and they refunded them to me. If it was a substantial amount, I would email them again and tell them about the fees and have them reimburse you.

We have used them twice for excursions, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Belize. We could not be happier with their service and we will use them again. In Cozumel, we took the Mini Sub tour and then had tickets for Mr. Sanchos. However the first tour took most of the day so we decided not to use the AI and just pay as we go. We got refunded our deposit for that package, also as a payment (since they said according to PayPal, they cannot refund after 60 days). They sent the deposit including the possible fee PayPal takes so at the end we got exactly our deposit back. They did not have to do that but immediately said it would not be a problem and their cancellation policy covers 100% refund for Mr. Sanchos packages.

Archived