Shops/restaurants in port?

Love2travel4

In all honesty I wouldn't want to eat anything outside of the port ... Belize has to be the worst port stop for venturing out side the the steel gated barbed-wire fence. I grew up as a kid in the south Bronx and it wasn't this bad

In all honesty I wouldn't want to eat anything outside of the port ... Belize has to be the worst port stop for venturing out side the the steel gated barbed-wire fence. I grew up as a kid in the south Bronx and it wasn't this bad

I have to totally agree with you. The shops inside of tourism village have the same stuff that the little market outside of tourism village has. Really, it is the same stuff in every store, mostly that "touristy junky" stuff.

We wandered outside the gates and into town for hours with no problems. My daughter played with a local child and we sat on the family porch visiting, most folks seemed very very nice. Very few were pushy, and this was just outside the TV gates, in town more folks were nicer. We went into many stores and my list of things to buy ( Marie Sharps/Barrel One Rum, Cashew Wine..the normal belizean stuff) was filled at cheaper prices than the T.Village Shops sold these things for.

Not to far from port, a short walk into town gets you to Nerie's Restaurant, popular with locals and great local food and cheap.

I felt more unsafe in numerous U.S. cities than Belize City.

Archived