Testing the water and joining up the thinking when plans are being developed

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]As you are responding to this we hope to be on our special journey to the Holyland on Journey. Whether Azamara can be our destination cruise line and our home from home in the longer term was never in doubt until the recent events surrounding the roll out of the 2014 itineraries, the messages about the 2013 “enhancements” and on going issues about the (in)accuracy of website information. I am sure though many are telling you the ship has sure been seriously rocked for repeat customers this month. All the rocking is happening at a head office level, specifically around the positioning of new enhancements with those who have existing bookings and not onboard ship where service to date has been exemplary and we have absolutely no reason to believe this will not continue.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]However, to my question, can you share with us what Azamara is doing and what changes you are looking to make in the interactions with customers from their initial exploration of options/prices online (not something we can do in the UK still!) through to coming onboard day to ensure that the approach is joined up and the messages are consistent, accurate and not mixed? [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]At present, from the customer perspective there is now a serious detachment and “over bespoked” spin is being used to cover the cracks. Are any options being explored to ensuring more joined up thinking by factoring into plans and activities the views of existing as well as new customers across the globe (independent as well as travel agents/partners) on a greater scale than seems to be the case at present?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='uktog'][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]As you are responding to this we hope to be on our special journey to the Holyland on Journey. Whether Azamara can be our destination cruise line and our home from home in the longer term was never in doubt until the recent events surrounding the roll out of the 2014 itineraries, the messages about the 2013 “enhancements” and on going issues about the (in)accuracy of website information. I am sure though many are telling you the ship has sure been seriously rocked for repeat customers this month. All the rocking is happening at a head office level, specifically around the positioning of new enhancements with those who have existing bookings and not onboard ship where service to date has been exemplary and we have absolutely no reason to believe this will not continue.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]However, to my question, can you share with us what Azamara is doing and what changes you are looking to make in the interactions with customers from their initial exploration of options/prices online (not something we can do in the UK still!) through to coming onboard day to ensure that the approach is joined up and the messages are consistent, accurate and not mixed? [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]At present, from the customer perspective there is now a serious detachment and “over bespoked” spin is being used to cover the cracks. Are any options being explored to ensuring more joined up thinking by factoring into plans and activities the views of existing as well as new customers across the globe (independent as well as travel agents/partners) on a greater scale than seems to be the case at present?[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

I have to echo what Uktog stated that the way things are roll out are fragmented and sometimes very frustrating ie website, customer service in the corp office are not up to the level the cruise is. I know you have heard this before.

I look at this as moments of truth and eveytime you interact with someone or something like your website makes an impression as one moves through the process. I find that is not always a good experience from website that did not show cabin availability and prices to someone giving me the wrong information ie 2013 50% off shore ex the other day Le Club Voyage. There are great moments of truth on your ships each and every step of the way and that should be the norm for the corp office as well.

I so agree with your "moments of truth" assessment.

To be fair, I have many positive moments of truth when our UK office have helped my out - I have also seen second hand some issues they have to deal with regarding inconisistency of information coming out of Corporate office. Where you are lucky to have team members such as the loyalty team or PCSs who know the Azamara product, they can spot the inconsistency before it gets to the customer, but not everyone dealing with guests seems to have that knowledge.

I hope Mr Pimentil can give us some comfort about how he will handle things, starting from the top

Archived