General thoughts of this year so far

[COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana]Larry, I have to say in looking over this past year Azamara has made some strange decision that make you wonder what were they thinking so I want to list some of these that have form my thinking about Azamara..this is not about the cruise experience since I feel what you do at sea is beyond compare.

1 Larry making that wow announcement in Jan about what was going to happen about the ships never happened and we were strung along for quite awhile expecting something really big and then it just turned into a normal renovation. I think what you are going to do is fine it was just all this excitement and then the let down. I am sure you were disappointed even more then we were..

2 Then there was the booking engine issue that took away the resources to look at cabins and pricing that went on and on until my head hurt.. Why did Azamara do this I have no idea and it was the wrong thing to do. This issue made me start to think who is running this cruise line to make a decision like this in this day and age. I had to go to TA sites to look at cabin and pricing which made no sense to me.

3) Then we had the issue with the 50% off and what was the real number that went on for weeks. This seemed to be an IT issue so this is a technical. This was like watching a game show what is the right price and it added so much confusion to the guests who were trying to book and not knowing if the price was with the 50% or not.

4) Then we had the Nespresso and enough said about that and it still makes no sense to me why this is being done and I know I will never purchase that product when I can get freshly ground beans for an expresso or latte at Mosiac. I am still not sure why this is being done.

5) Now we have the 10/1 announcement that told us we are increasing the price for 2014 we are adding spirits and are adding a night tour for the whole ship and by the way that 2013 50% off shore ex that is in our brochure and we told you would be available for your cruise will be no longer after March for the Quest and May for the Journey. I find little value in this but that is only my opinion. I was happy with the wine with lunch and dinner and the nightly events that you offer and there is no way that I will l go out with a whole ship tour that does not even sound interesting to me.

6) Then there is the article from 3 years ago that pop up on here which added more fuel to the fire of number 5. Larry we all want you to be profitable and I am sure most of us do not have a problem with a price increase I just felt what is being proposed is to extreme and frankly now puts me out of your market.

After looking at this year so far I think Azamara has an issue with rolling out programs and sometimes forget how this effects the end user which is us.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana]
Through all of this I am still here and I still care very much for this little cruise line I happened upon by mistake and had the best cruise I ever have taken and I intend to have another that I have booked in 2013 after that it is open but did want to thank you for the opportunity to cruise on a wonderful line.. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana]__________________[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived