Purex 3 in 1 washer/drier laundry sheets

t60

Are these available in Australia? If so at which shops? We´re off round Aus for a month next year, so any coastal city would be OK not just Sydney.

I can´t get them in UK or Spain and it appears from a post on UK boards they´re no longer available in USA

Sandy in Spain

No they aren't sold in Australia. We bought some on our last trip to the US and was told that they were no longer available there, which is a shame because they are wonderful for travelling. We no longer need them when we cruise Princess as we are elite now but I will still take some with me for incidentals. :D

You could try and buy them online, if there are any still available anywhere.

sni`.. We no longer need them when we cruise Princess as we are elite now but I will still take some with me for incidentals. :D snip..

We´re also Elite, but I thought I might need them when we stop cruising with Princess

Sandy in Spain

Woolworths supposedly have them but different name - Dizolve a- sorry but I haven't actually checked it out physically but they are available thru online shopping - http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/Shop/SearchProducts?search=Dizolve

Any of the larger cities and town Woolworths should stock them - I went looking for them for my next 2 cruises.

Woolworths supposedly have them but different name - Dizolve a- sorry but I haven't actually checked it out physically but they are available thru online shopping - http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/Shop/SearchProducts?search=Dizolve

Any of the larger cities and town Woolworths should stock them - I went looking for them for my next 2 cruises.

Dizolve are detergent only sheets, not quite the same as Purex who are part of Henkal organisation

Purex website

http://www.purex.com/products/detergents/purex-complete-3-in-1#

say 3 in 1 sheets have been replaced by Purex Ultra which are small liquid capsules...not the same at all really

Sandy in Spain

Dizolve are detergent only sheets, not quite the same as Purex who are part of Henkal organisation

Purex website

http://www.purex.com/products/detergents/purex-complete-3-in-1#

say 3 in 1 sheets have been replaced by Purex Ultra which are small liquid capsules...not the same at all really

Sandy in Spain

Yes the Purex 3 in 1's are very good!

Hi,

As a first time cruiser can I show my ignorance and ask how the purex sheets are used, are there laundries available on board or is it do your own in the bathroom sink?

Were are a family of 4 travelling next year so tips like these are greatly appreciated.

Ta maree:)

Hi Maree,

There are laundries for passengers use on Princess - usually two washers and two dryers in each room. You just place the "laundry sheet" in with your washing and it works just the same as your washing detergent but is lighter to carry them powder or liquid. They do have dispensers for you to purchase your own powder if you do not wish to take your own - just like a laudramat. best wishes Marilyn

Hi,

As a first time cruiser can I show my ignorance and ask how the purex sheets are used, are there laundries available on board or is it do your own in the bathroom sink?

Were are a family of 4 travelling next year so tips like these are greatly appreciated.

Maree, There are self service laundries on Carnival Spirit as on Princess and P&O Australia. HAL does not have laudromats. The self serve laundromats can get very busy on sea days and sometimes you need to sit and wait for a machine to finish so you can put your laundry in. Take a book, an IPod or an iPad and veg out. Once your laundry is in and washing you can leave it, just time your return for a few minutes before the end of the cycle. Some ships are fitted with slots that will take Australian coins, others are not. The reception desk should be able to change notes for coins or tokens. Washing temps can be very hot. I do wash anything shrinkable in the shower, stomping works wonders, using the supplied liquid body soap or shampoo. Hint 1: Partners can be assigned to laundry duty - you are on holiday! Hint 2 : Check if there are any on board laundry specials on offer - E.g. All you can cram into a laundry bag for $XX - usually back the next day and they do a good job IMO especialy for hard to dry items like jeans. Enjoy your first cruise! Colleen

Thankyou all so much for the info.

Will definetly take those hints on board, re spouse doing laundry;):D

These boards are a wealth of info for a novice such as me.

i am sure we will have a great time on our cruise, and will be watching eagerly for reviews of the carnival spirit when they start to come in.

Cheers Maree

Hi,

Ta Maree, some more suggestions:

If you see one of those small hangers with clothes pins attached (in Canada we buy then in the 'Dollar Store'), consider them for hanging your small stuff like underclothes, socks, after cleaning them in the shower or sink. I then hang it to dry in the shower. Or on most cruise ships the shower also has a pull out line for drying bathing suits, which will work well for very light weight clothes to dry on. I like the small hanger, as I can then put it in the closet to finish drying when we leave the cabin and the steward comes in to clean.

In Canada, we cannot buy the Purex 3 in 1, but I am lucky in that I can get American friends buy it at Walmart and ship it to me. Duty costs from Amazon.com rule out the savings from buying it there.

I have also seen people with an outside cabin, hanging shirts in the sunny window to help them dry. Seen them when we were in port.

Carnival has not only laundry rooms but also 'ironing' rooms.

I also like the bag full of laundry for longer cruises. You can stuff a lot into one of those bags, and it comes back folded or on hangers.

hope this helps.

Archived